Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mencik
Contributor III

CCSP vs. Cloud Security Certificate

Today I received an email from ISC2 about a new certificate program. One of the certificates is for Cloud Security. ISC2 already has a certification called the CCSP, that is for Cloud Security. So, is ISC2 now competing with itself? Is there a logical explanation for this? If so, I haven't seen one yet.

4 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

I have heard several stories on this one...........it is confusing.

Maybe @AndreaMoore can ask for an explanation.

d

PS:  I did not get the email ;(

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@mencik wrote:

Today I received an email from ISC2 about a new certificate program. One of the certificates is for Cloud Security. ISC2 already has a certification called the CCSP, that is for Cloud Security. So, is ISC2 now competing with itself? Is there a logical explanation for this? If so, I haven't seen one yet.

Seems the Cloud Security Certificates (there are three of them) are seen as a pathway to the CCSP certification:

https://www.isc2.org/certificate/cloud-security-certificate

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@dcontesti wrote:

I have heard several stories on this one...........it is confusing.

Maybe @AndreaMoore can ask for an explanation.

d

PS:  I did not get the email ;(

I must have got your copy of the email as I received it twice - along with an email for another ISC2 promotion:

tmekelburg1
Community Champion

Those used to be PDI courses that were removed, and they are now charging everyone to take, including members. You'll get a badge and cert when the course has been completed. It's not a new program per say but the charging member's part is new.