Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viewer

Annual Fees

My annual fee is due on 30 Jun 2018. Is there a grace period for payment?

my DoD employer normally pays thru voucher but doesnt have funding but will shortly and has told me that there is a grace period and to just wait.
16 Replies
Community Champion

Re: Annual Fees

@brew1994, if you don't mind my asking, how far in advance did ISC2 provide the invoice for this? I'm curious because when I attempted to pay my AMF in advance, the site kept rejecting it.

When I asked ISC2 Member Support about this they informed me that I could only pay after getting an invoice, so I'm curious about when that will be --- because I don't want to risk facing any inconveniences later on.

I've already asked Member Support to confirm when the invoice can be expected, and what's the grace period for the payment, if any.

Let's see what they say...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
Community Champion

From page 11 of the official CPE handbook...

Failure to Meet Requirements
Failure to meet the three-year CPE and AMF renewal
requirements within 90-days following the certification
expiration date will result in decertification, i.e., your
certification/designation will be terminated. (ISC)²
will notify you by email to inform you that you have
been decertified. If you feel you are in jeopardy of
not meeting certification renewal requirements by the
deadline, you should contact Member Services for
assistance.
As a member or associate, you have the right to file
an appeal if your certification is suspended and/or
decertified.

Community Champion

Doesn't seem like there's any need for you to press the panic button. I think that @denbesten has offered over some good advice and procedures for you to follow. I would think that ISC2 would be in synch with the DoD as well as some of the issues that people have over there.

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+, MCSE
Newcomer II

I paid the fees in advanced (all 3 years) no issue.

Community Champion

@Bryiantan, I too paid in advance for the 3-year cycle of 2016, 2017 & 2018, but now I'm finding that I can't pay for the next cycle in advance --- which is a bit of a bother since I'd prefer to do it when it's convenient.

I'm waiting for a response from Member Support to see whether this can be addressed...   Smiley Frustrated

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

Highlighted
Newcomer II

I would find it hard to believe that ISC2 would be in synch with the DoD's untimely paying of vouchers, for an ISC2 members required fees. Fees are required regardless of your employer. I would suggest the OP do what was necessary and not rely on a phantom payroll or funding relationship between ISC2 and DoD. 

Community Champion

@r3daction wrote:

I would suggest the OP do what was necessary and not rely on a phantom payroll or funding relationship between ISC2 and DoD. 

I don't think @Lamont29 was suggesting blowing off the issue or that (ISC)² would automatically handle anything.  More likely, he is referring to the fact that (ISC)² has a significant relationship with the US Government & DOD.  Amongst other things, the DOD takes advantage of the (ISC)² voucher program to purchase training "seats" and AMF "gift cards", that are then distributed to their employees to pay (ISC)².

If this system encounters delays, it impacts thousands of CISSPs. When @brew1994@ contacts Member Services they will quickly understand the position he is in and flag his account to expect delayed payment.  If @brew1994 were to subvert the DOD procedures by paying the bill himself he risks not being able to get the expense reimbursed.  Such is life in Government.

Incidentally, the approach of "give us a call if you are having problems" is a pretty good way to deal with any bind you are in, financial or otherwise,  Companies tend to be much more patient if you initiate communications and explain what is going on.  Without such a call, they are limited to following their default action on their default timeline.

Community Champion

I think @brew1994 should play it safe by taking multiple approaches in parallel --- all the while tracking the progress of the AMF payment in line with the grace period...

1. Coordinate with membersupport@isc2.org to confirm the exact requirements in his case, which may vary with his scenario.
  2. Intimate his direct manager at the DoD periodically about paying the AMF, preferably using emails for the interactions to be recorded.

As @Lamont29 stated, there's a 90-day grace period --- which membersupport@isc2.org also informed me via email --- and given that you work for the DoD, (isc)2 may even be extra 'gracious' in your case.

As @denbesten stated, paying the AMF yourself is a risk, given that you may not be reimbursed --- if you're compelled to do it, first get a written confirmation from your employer that if you make this payment, you will be reimbursed by them, specifying when, and how...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

Community Champion

OK, I'm trying to pay my AMF, but I get:

isc2 payment error.PNG

On the other hand, the page says not to hit "Submit" twice.

Have I paid, or not?

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468