Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Uber Security Incident Reported

3 Replies
JKWiniger
Community Champion

I just have to go there! I don't know if I am the only one growing increasing frustrated when reading these things about the horrible grammar?

Point in case: "If this correct, Uber has"

Reading and writing has always been my weak point, I am more about math and science, as most of you may be, but even I can see this as wrong. I can't tell you how badly written some of the stuff on Microsoft Learn is!

But back to the point, this only shows how poorly security training is being implemented. It's like saying if someone is young or in real life attractive they are not a threat. If people only knew the things I did when I was young! Just the the H* of it, before the internet, yes I'm talking dial up, had a BBS and wrote a program to inject and ad on files that where uploaded. People HATED me for this!! Why you say? The way I did it, if you unlucky enough to unzip the file you either needed to know how to use a disk editor or format your drive to get the ad off! Anyone guess how I did it?  I was evil in my own ways. hahah

John-

denbesten
Community Champion

@JKWiniger wrote:

... I don't know if I am the only one growing increasing frustrated when reading these things about the horrible grammar?

You are not alone, especially in publications with paid "journalists", proofreaders and editors.  

In forums, such as the community, it is quite a different story, though.  Here I offer great leeway and compassion, especially for those posting in their non-native tongue. That is a skill that I do not have and admire.  And in some cases, their word-choice has actually influenced me.  For example, I have adopted "contingency planning" instead of "disaster planning" because it removes the  "natural disaster" preconception.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

When I saw this my first though was that there had been a fantastic/superior security incident…