Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppDefects
Community Champion

If you had 5,000 employees, now you have to protect 5,000 offices

This article on protecting remote workers promotes "split tunneling" as a good thing. I totally disagree with that premise - maybe it is all those years of working under a mountain. I have yet to see any organization take the time to actually analyze the traffic of their remote workforce BEFORE deciding on an appropriate split tunnel configuration.

For instance, I've seen many organizations offload "web browsing traffic" because it is simply not connecting to a business application. What is in place today with split tunneling configuration is simply OOTB default dumbness. One example is offloading and permitting simultaneous connections to an enterprise network and PasteBin.com at the same time. See any problem with that?

I'd like to hear your experience on configuring split tunneling. Maybe it works for you...

10 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Thanks for sharing.

That’s not really how I’d understand a split-tunnel, it’s more a direct to internet from the client, but maybe I’m getting old, but it looks a bit like a pitch solving for Nord’s Markitecture. Where do I put my Proxy, DLP, CASB, Isolation, Stegogronaphicly sapient attack vector content disarming munger and my prize expensive SASE encrypting wotsyoumacallit? Didn’t Nord have a breach recently?(there but by the grace of... but even so).

https://cybernews.com/what-is-vpn/split-tunneling/