cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

FraudBots in the Forum

OH GOOODY!

The sexchat fraudbots rampant in Skype and other arenas are now showing up here in teh (ISC)2 forum. Here is a private mail I got here today:

=-=-=-=

Hello Dearest,

it's my pleasure meeting you. My name is Lt. Gen. Kenneth. I am US military officer. I will like to get acquainted with you. I am romantic and fun to be with. I read your profile and I really wish to indicate my interest to you. I'm looking for genuine and meaningful intimate relationships with love, passion and romance. Please I'll be glad if you send me an email at my private email address (kfmcken81@gmail.com) I will send you my pictures and tell you more about myself and my future plans. Lots of love as i hope to hear from you soon.
kfmcken81@gmail.com
Lt. Gen. Kenneth.

=-=-=

Yes, I have already reported it to the moderators as  "inappropriate"

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
3 Replies
MikeGlassman
Contributor II

I also received the exact same email today.

Being that messages in the forum are supposed to be a possibility only for registered members, I find it hard to understand how the hell these emails are even possible.

I can say that this sort of issue in the community forum is one that if not dealt with yesterday, will lose me as a member.

Sincerely,

Mike Glassman, CISSP
Iguana man
JKWiniger
Community Champion

I received the same and reported it with the note that new users should not be allowed to send private messages until the reach a certain level. This would not help the junk posts we get at times but should deter the private messages.

Just my .02

John-

GerryS
Contributor II

I received it as well.

Was just a bit surprised, but is there anywhere online that is really safe?

Gerry