cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waquar
Viewer

Fake Certification, without sitting for exam

Hi All

Every single day I receive LinkedIn joining requests from various India-girls (as per their LinkedIn profile), who poses to be in Training or HR or sometimes to any other professional sector.

The moment I accept the request, I get a typical message offering a wide variety of training and also start further conversation on LinkedIn message service, and eventually they offer that the "Trainer will sit in exam on your behalf and you will get the certificate".

I even know some of the people who actually availed such services and without knowing a bit of Information Security, they got CISSP, CISM, CRISC and many other reputed certifications.

On one hand this tragic situation has a quick answer, that those people who do not posses knowledge and just acquire a certificate will eventually face the consequence when they will try to apply in professional field. Fine, but on a bigger picture, this is causing damage to the reputation of these hard-earned certifications. If this will keep on going this way, I am sure soon the recruiters will start disregarding the badges and certificates that the candidates proudly highlight on their resume.

I think its not impossible to catch and punish these kind of criminals, yes it will take efforts and focus on this matter.

I request to this reputed certification body and other respectable participant to put focus on this matter and find some solution if we any interest to maintain the respect and reputation of the hard-earned certificates.

Regards

Waquar Bukhari 

5 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@waquar 

I agree with you that this situation is not right, however I believe that this belongs to (ISC)2 (either the Legal department or the the Ethics committee or both).

One thing you can do is file an Ethics report on either the organization or an individual.

@AndreaMoore @tonyshiver would you forward this note to the appropriate department internally.

Regards

d

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Can you please private message me a screen capture of any identifying information so I can pass this along to our member support team? 

ISC2 Community Manager
denbesten
Community Champion

@waquar wrote:

..."Trainer will sit in exam on your behalf and you will get the certificate".... I even know some of the people who actually availed such services and without knowing a bit of Information Security, they got CISSP, CISM, CRISC and many other reputed certifications.

You might reach out to (ISC)²'s legal department.  They would be highly interested in knowing the identities of "some people" and how you "know" this to be the case.  Here is how they request you contact them:

If you ... have any other ethics related issues, you must contact (ISC)² by submitting an email request to legal@isc2.org or by writing to:

(ISC)2 Legal
311 Park Place Blvd.
Suite 400
Clearwater, FL 33759

https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us

Thank you for looking out for the integrity of the certification we all value so much.

tonyshiver
Contributor II

@waquar Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  We receive reports of this type on a fairly regular basis and are looking at ways to most efficiently investigate these claims.

I know @AndreaMoore said she would submit a ticket on your behalf. 

For future reports of a similar nature, please call or email Member Services with any information you have (e.g. screenshots, emails, social media names).  Any and all information is helpful.

Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
+1-866-331-ISC2(4722)
+1-727-785-0189
membersupport@isc2.org

Once these reports are made to my Member Services team, they escalate to me so that I can work directly with our legal team.

Thanks again,

Tony Shiver

Manager, Member Services

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
A_khaled
Viewer

Hey there need a certificate for functional skills level 2 maths with the grade 4 please