Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaveh
Newcomer II

is passing CISSP exam heart of the matter?!

I could find a better category to match my question I know it's not tech related but anyway...do you think it is ethical for training institutions to focus solely on passing CISSP exam?

I personally have found this actually very unethical, unprofessional and even concerning! if an training institution is highly focused on Only passing the exam, can we be sure that they deliver sufficient knowledge?

an argument might be: CISSP exam is the metric that ISC2 has put in place, so then Yes, what is wrong with that?

thoughts?

21 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

Worst thing about VAX/VMS is the programmer I then got moved across to C/Unix projects.  Oh I can just get back the last version of that file.  Eh, this is Unix!  Whatdayamean?  Much stress, until I aliased the rm command to move files to a 'trash' area with a datetime stamp appended.  Obviously I didn't let on and had them come to me to recover their file.  The embarrassment of keep asking was enough for them to change behaviours.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
JKWiniger
Community Champion

Another good one from the other side was getting a Unix guy to understand why I Windows server required an open file agent to properly backup files. I could actually see that look of, are you stupid or just crazy look in his eyes... but after a while he did realize that it wasn't me and that Windows is not Unix!

John-