Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericgeater
Community Champion

VPN services

For those of you who use a VPN service, I'm curious what companies you like and use, and why.

--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."
5 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@ericgeater wrote:

For those of you who use a VPN service, I'm curious what companies you like and use, and why.

Please, also address which ones you do not trust, needing to avoid, and why.

(Remember that this forum is open to the entire Internet, so do not badmouth any company that might get you in legal trouble. However, linking to relevant news articles or application reviews would be appropriate.)

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
ericgeater
Community Champion

Good point.  It's useful to hear about negative experiences -- albeit constructively.

--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."
JKWiniger
Community Champion

I can only speak from personal experience and problems. I use Nord and I hate how so many sites have a problem if I have the VPN turned on!  It's like we are being punished because we care and want to try to protect ourselves... I guess this is one of the time we are damed if we do damed if we don't!

John-

CraginS
Defender I

@ericgeater wrote:

I do not currently subscribe to a VPN service. However, my blog commentary 

"Free" VPN? Think Again!

and the articles linked from it may give you some food for thought.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
James
Contributor I

For personal uses:

• NordVPN - got a discount special on it several years ago on Black Friday. It works great and I can select a country where I want an IP address.
  • I have a VPN through Dashlane, which I use occasionally if I want a quick VPN on a WiFi network that I don't trust (which is most them, that are not mine)