Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brucebeam
ISC2 Former Staff

Try the New CPE Portal

Thank you to all our volunteer testers and for all the members who provided your feedback to help improve the (ISC)2 CPE Portal. The new portal is live, and we encourage you to check it out at cpe.isc2.org.

You’ll discover:

• New look and feel that creates a more intuitive experience
  • Enhanced performance making the portal quicker and more responsive
  • Easier to review transcripts and track draft CPEs submissions

We’ve also addressed many user-reported issues, such as simplifying the decision path, improved organization, and clearer direction.

The entire team at (ISC)2 is committed to improving service levels and delivering value to all our members and associates. We’re confident the new portal will make it easier and less time-consuming for you to maintain your certification or associate status.

Thanks again to all our testers! Your diligence and input were invaluable prior to today’s launch.

Regards

Bruce Beam, CISSP

CIO, (ISC)2

22 Replies
ltenny
Newcomer I

Is there any way to delete incorrect CPE entries? 

CraginS
Defender I

@ltenny wrote:

Excellent catch, Lawrence!

The old portal had an easy way to mark and delete entries that were incorrect or duplicates. That feature is important because some folks have entered their own for (ISC)2-provided events, but then deleted the entry when the (seems like it takes forever) automated entry is added to the list.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
amandavanceISC2

@ltenny Thank you for your comment. At this time, CPEs are not able to be deleted once submitted. If you need a CPE entry removed, please send a request email to membersupport@isc2.org. 

Best Regards, 

Amanda 

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@ltenny wrote:

I flagged the lack of this feature during UAT and was told it would be added to the backlog and as such will hopefully return soon - I also flagged the lack of preview to ensure you're uploading the correct file as evidence.

denbesten
Community Champion

Is there any ETA to restore "delete"?  Until then, would it be possible to allow users to additionally access the 2018-2020 version?

A few more things that would really help:

• Being able to look at all the details of a CPE instead of just the summary information found in a report.  This would be extremely helpful when a CPE comes up for audit.
  • Ability to edit a CPE after it has been submitted (even just "copy to new CPE" would do it).
  • Being able to see more than 5 CPEs per screen.  I have 2000 vertical lines on my screen and a scroll-bar that works really well.  I find it really frustrating when 90% of that investment can not be leveraged.  Being able to switch between "5, 20, 100, all" would be really helpful. Bonus points are available if the setting could be saved between sessions.
  • "Download CSV" for those of us who like manipulate data in unmentionable (and unpredictable) ways.

It would have been helpful if the specifications were run by the various user groups that will be using the system (data entry, auditors, report consumers, etc.) and if periodic status updates were released, including sequencing and estimated dates for various bits of functionality.  It is sad that this appears to have been missed, particularly given David Shearer's promise.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@denbesten - did you not participate in the UAT?

You were specifically invited:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/CPE-submission-Rejected-Passed-Program-Term/m-p/30926#M...

denbesten
Community Champion

Yes, I was invited and I responded with interest, which was acknowledged with appreciation, but after that, radio silence -- no test instructions, no link, my CPE portal remained unchanged, etc.

brucebeam
ISC2 Former Staff

Hi @denbesten - My apologies if I did not get you included in the group of testers. Please drop me an email and I will ensure you on are this list for our next round of improvements!

Best - Bruce

kmjordan
Newcomer II

@denbesten said: "Being able to see more than 5 CPEs per screen. I have 2000 vertical lines on my screen and a scroll-bar that works really well. I find it really frustrating when 90% of that investment can not be leveraged. Being able to switch between "5, 20, 100, all" would be really helpful. Bonus points are available if the setting could be saved between sessions."

This!  1000 times, this!!  Make use of all that awesome screen real estate.  Not everyone is on a phone!!

I am also sad that my request to be included in the portal testing was not acted on.  Then perhaps my attempt to add missing CPEs from 2019 would have caught, during testing, the current portal error where CPEs from a prior cycle are applied to the current cycle of a certification.  My CSSLP renewed on 1 Jan 2020, but now it has 2 CPEs applied to it from 13 Jun 2019.  They are correctly applied to the current cycle of my SSCP, but if the software is going to ask for the dates, why is it not making proper use of them by checking against the certification cycles??

--- Kim Jordan, CSSLP, SSCP