Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobMorton
Viewer

Request for Speakers

Could not find a good place to post this so if needs to be moved let me know.   

I teach Cybersecurity at Tulsa Technology Center (Tulsa, OK) .  We like to have people speak about our topics to our class and other IT Classes. The cyber security program is 2 years with IT fundamentals the 1st year and Security+, Linux, and Computer forensics the 2nd. 

Would anyone be able to do a virtual talk to our class(es) about cybersecurity?  It would be better if we could find someone local, heck I would even buy you lunch in a school cafeteria.  

We have two sessions, 8am to 11am and noon to 3pm, and would want the same presentation for both groups.  

If anyone could help us out I would appreciate it.  Message me here or bob.morton@tulsatech.edu 

2 Replies
JoePete
Advocate I

@BobMorton wrote:

I teach Cybersecurity at Tulsa Technology Center (Tulsa, OK) .  We like to have people speak about our topics to our class and other IT Classes.

@BobMorton do you have a sense of the time of year, etc. I know you mentioned a 3-hour class, how much of that would you expect to be taken up by one of us old (or young) curmudgeons waxing nostalgic about the Melissa virus and 2600? 🙂

BobMorton
Viewer

Generally we teach and lab time, and the third hour is used for special events if we have them.  

The way we have done it with people who have come to talk is to do the third hour in the AM session (10 to 11 AM Central time) and then the 1st hour for the afternoon class (noonish to 1 central time  - noonish because we have attendance and announcements, etc. ). 

While mostly high school juniors and seniors, there are a few adults who take our classes as well.  

Time of year is any time that you might be available.  I have a boss who is coordinating with the other classes (Server Admin, Repair, Mobile Apps, etc.  ) 

And the have enough of me waxing about the Melissa virus (and the I Love You as well).  

Hope that answers your questions.