Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belg
Newcomer III

PDI Digital Forensics Courses

Has anyone taken the two available digital forensics courses within the PDI's curriculum? How deep and how technical do they go? I'm considering taking the Certified Digital Forensics Examiner certification test offered by Mile2, but their prep courses are way too expensive. Even the self-study kit goes for $1000 (not mentioning the exam at itself at $500). That Certification could really open new avenues for me, but I cannot afford it right now if I absolutely need the their prep course 😞 I'm pretty sure that we my experience (10+years) in Windows File Systems and Architecture, plus the recent SSCP certification with 60+ CPE's up to date I could "wing" the C)DFE exam, but that wouldn't be right ethically or morally 🙂 Would those two PDI courses give me some practical knowledge to show for that cert? 🙂

1 Reply
Taow
Viewer

Greetings,

I'm looking for someone who has already taken Certified Digital Forensics Examiner certification test at Mile2 or obtained a CCFE certificate at Infosec Institute. Which one should I choose? What is your experience? The prices are different and the perspectives after each of them too. I downloaded course and lab outlines for both.

Sven

Sven Taow Idaho >>>>> Brigham Young University achieveessays