Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikola
Viewer

Online Survey Tool recommendation

Hello, I plan to start a security due diligence assessment for our regions worldwide. I would like to reach the responsible location managers in more than 120 locations. Therefore I am looking for a good online survey tool, which can perform an evaluation of the results to get a first overview of our locations and our security landscape.
Has anyone already had good experiences with an online tool and can recommend something?

Thank you and greetings from Frankfurt, Germany

Nikola

8 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

Survey Monkey.

A LOT of organizations and companies use it for various Surveys.  

There is a free version, but limited to 10 questions.

For more questions and customization, you'll need to have a paid subscription (not too bad), and if you want assurances of data protection, there is a higher level subscription.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
CraginS
Defender I

@Nikola wrote:

... I am looking for a good online survey tool, which can perform an evaluation of the results to get a first overview of our locations and our security landscape.
Has anyone already had good experiences with an online tool and can recommend something?

Nikola,

I used SurveyMonkey.com for my dissertation research survey and found it very capable with good privacy and security capabilities. It also has a lot of analytical capabilities available on their site.

The free level is somewhat limited in flexibility and size of surveys. Paying for the full paid level is well worth it. I do not know if SurveyMonkey has alternate language support. 

Finally, I understand a number of commercial and enterprises use SurveyMonkey as their official survey tool.

Good luck!

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
AppDefects
Community Champion

Why would you want to trust a third-party with your most sensitive and descriptive corporate security data? I recommend building AND hosting your questionnaire internally. One easy way is to use SharePoint. Another option is to compile an Open Source project that will do what you need, whether it is support for question skips based upon some logic, support for a variety of question types, email list support, to being able to output the data and conduct frequency analysis on it that would help keep your data internal.

vt100
Community Champion

IMHO, there are pros and cons for both approaches. I, personally, dislike the 3rd party survey systems and am avoiding them whenever possible.

That being said, depending on the maturity of your internal development and security teams, the size of your mobile workforce and other factors, going with open source solution or even with SharePoint based custom app, may prove to be either too inefficient or downright more dangerous.

Survey Monkey does seem to have huge footprint and established reputation. Coupled with extensive built-in analytics it may just be the ticket in this particular case. It also matters what kind of questions are being asked and what form of answers will be accepted. In some cases, perhaps it is possible to make the survey relatively meaningless for outsiders.

AppDefects
Community Champion

You can configure SharePoint user access permissions and logging with a lot more fidelity than sharing a Survey Monkey link.

RobertWilso
Viewer II

'I used SurveyMonkey.com for my dissertation research survey and found it very capable with good privacy and security capabilities. It also has a lot of analytical capabilities available on their site.'

Thanks, I will use it for my work on essays agency. Any research paper requires surveys from people.

CraginS
Defender I

joannawebster wrote:

Hello everybody! Need to know about some projects? If that's the case then you can learn about our writing service [deleted]from us at this time of the year as it can be fruitful for me and them for now. Just look forward to it as it was always there for us to grant some facts to the rest of the community now.

Dang, this sure looks like an improper advertisement on the forum, and also an advert for a company that helps students cheat by writing their papers for them. @AndreaMoore please look at not only deleting the post but also removing the posting agent.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

THANK YOU!! Taken care of. 

ISC2 Community Manager