Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericgeater
Community Champion

IT titles, and associated roles and responsibilities

Morning, everyone.  During my cert studies, I remember stumbling over a fairly exhaustive list of roles and responsibilities that are typically associated with some IT titles.  Many of them were technical, and some were managerial or clerical... but it seemed like a very handy list.

My problem is, when I Google for "roles" and/or "responsibilities", I see an unending list of recruiters or job solicitors.  I couldn't care less about the titles, but the roles / responsibilities / job descriptions seemed quite useful.  Anyone have such a list?

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
4 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

Take a look at the work done by NIST for the NICE (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education) Franework at https://www.nist.gov/itl/applied-cybersecurity/nice

Among the work is a Workforce Framework of job descriptions/titles.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

You could try looking at the CIISEC roles frameworks and skill frameworks.

You can download these from https://www.ciisec.org 

They're under the resources link.

You'll need to register to download them.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
JKWiniger
Community Champion

Robert Half put out something I liked years back. I can't find exactly what I was looking for but google "glossary of job descriptions for information technology robert half" and you will come up with the old versions and ideas on what you can search for.

John-

ericgeater
Community Champion

Interesting! I may have just downloaded your suggested Robert Half document from a website called "itbusinessedge.com". I had to fess up company name and size to get it, but meh. Thanks!
-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.