Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer III

Google logins make JavaScript mandatory, Huawei China spy shock, Mac malware, Iran gets new Stuxnet,

The Register (biting the hand that feeds it) has a nice list of current security issues/events this week at: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/11/03/security_roundup_021118/

The fun just never ends.  From all that is going on, it seems like a broken record of events that go away and come back again.  It is like a never ending cycle.  What are your thoughts?

1 Reply
Community Champion

Re: Google logins make JavaScript mandatory, Huawei China spy shock, Mac malware, Iran gets new Stux

It always boils down to the fact that accessibility with convenience usually comes at the expense of security & that people tend to draw the lines at different points.

I can draw solace in not using certain solutions, but then the ones I do use aren't totally secure either. A good example the browser. I fall into the minority of users who prefer not to use Java Script and keep it disabled by default, but some sites need it to operate properly, so I often have to enable it for specific URLs...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz