Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

Facebook on Privacy Rights: You Have None!

The comments below originally published on my Randomness Blog:

Apple caught Facebook violating Apple's privacy policy with an iOS app that secretly monitored user activity, so Apple removed that FB app from the App Store. FB responded by secretly releasing a "research app" through cut-out companies (to mask FB involvement) of a VPN app that secretly reported all user activity. TechCrunch found out and reported on this 'research' VPN app; having been caught AGAIN, FB is removing the iOS version of their secret surveillance VPN from distribution. However, FB is leaving this Big Brother VPN in the Android environment.

Read the TechCrunch article Facebook pays Teens to install app that spies on them for the details.

The comparative attitudes toward users' (customers'?) privacy among Apple, Google, and Facebook is why I dropped FB many years ago, and am currently moving as much of my online activity as possible from Google to Apple.

So, why are YOU still using Facebook?

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
4 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Because I want my slice of the class action lawsuit! 😉

“O Noes! So violated... can haz munnie to make it better?”

RobertWohllaib
Newcomer I

$20 is $20.  They already have my data mine as well install the app on my phone right?

/s

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertwohllaib/
Shannon
Community Champion

I suppose Facebook's users will take solace in the fact that they aren't the only ones whose privacy it violates...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
Shannon
Community Champion

@Shannon wrote:

I suppose Facebook's users will take solace in the fact that they aren't the only ones whose privacy it violates...

find *

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz