Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

ChatGPT is it safe or just a script kiddies dream?

Hi All

You have probably all ready various articles on the the Google ChatGPT Artificial Intelligence (AI) tool to assist humans.  I have seen many articles, some of which skate over the surface, stating "wow" this is great to those who have impersonated researchers, and got the AI write scripts and suggested techniques to get around various security controls. 

So, first of all one should ask does it have principles?

Does it have ethics? 

Does it have inbuilt governance on the basis, that it will not cause harm to human beings?

How was it designed and is it a gimmick?   Or is it a demonstration of what is to come?

Are the Universities fears well founded?  Plagiarism and whether the work generated was actually completed by a human being or generated by an AI tool?

Should Governments be involved, and start creating principles, and legislation to protect human beings?

I think we need to discuss this issue, what do you think?

Regards

Caute_Cautim

19 Replies
Zone9933
Viewer III

I didn't make it past registration when the site refused to accept a VoIP number to create an account.

tmekelburg1
Community Champion

@Caute_cautim Shouldn't we ask ChatGPT first?

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@tmekelburg1Why not - do you have any ethics at all?

Post response here?

Regards

Caute_Cautim

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@tmekelburg1Here is the response:

"As an artificial intelligence, I do not have personal feelings, beliefs, or values. I am programmed to assist users to the best of my ability, based on the information that has been provided to me during my training. I am not capable of making decisions or taking actions on my own, so I do not have the ability to act ethically or unethically. My primary goal is to provide accurate and helpful information to users and to assist them in achieving their goals to the best of my ability."

Regards

Caute_Cautim

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@tmekelburg1 I also asked the following:

How do you ensure that technology must be transparent and explainable to everyone?

The response was:

There are a number of ways in which the transparency and explainability of technology can be ensured. Some key approaches include:

1. Ensuring that technology is designed to be transparent and explainable: This can involve designing systems and algorithms that are easy to understand and that provide clear explanations for their decisions and actions.

2. Providing documentation and user manuals: Detailed documentation and user manuals can help users to understand how technology works and how to use it effectively.

3. Offering training and support: Providing training and support can help users to learn how to use technology and to understand its capabilities and limitations.

4. Promoting open and transparent communication: Ensuring that technology developers and users communicate openly and transparently can help to build trust and understanding around technology.

5. Regulating the use of technology: Governments and other regulatory bodies can put in place regulations and guidelines to ensure that technology is used in a transparent and explainable manner.

Overall, ensuring transparency and explainability in technology requires a combination of good design, effective communication, and appropriate regulation.

Regards

Caute_Cautim

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@tmekelburg1I also went on to ask the following:

Do you believe that good design does not sacrifice transparency in creating a seamless experience?

It is generally believed that good design does not need to sacrifice transparency in order to create a seamless experience. In fact, good design often involves finding a balance between providing a seamless and intuitive user experience while still ensuring that users have a clear understanding of how the technology works and what it is doing.

There are a number of ways in which designers can strive to create a seamless user experience while still maintaining transparency. Some approaches include:

1. Providing clear and concise explanations: Designers can incorporate clear and concise explanations into the user interface, such as tiptops or help text, to help users understand how the technology works.

2. Making use of visual aids: Visual aids, such as diagrams and charts, can help to clearly explain complex processes and systems.

3. It is generally believed that good design does not need to sacrifice transparency in order to create a seamless experience. In fact, good design often involves finding a balance between providing a seamless and intuitive user experience while still ensuring that users have a clear understanding of how the technology works and what it is doing.

There are a number of ways in which designers can strive to create a seamless user experience while still maintaining transparency. Some approaches include:

1. Providing clear and concise explanations: Designers can incorporate clear and concise explanations into the user interface, such as tooltips or help text, to help users understand how the technology works.

2. Making use of visual aids: Visual aids, such as diagrams and charts, can help to clearly explain complex processes and systems.

3. Offering options for customization: Allowing users to customize their experience can help to create a more seamless experience while still providing transparency into how the technology works.

4. Providing transparent and easy-to-understand data collection and privacy policies: Ensuring that users understand how their data is collected, used, and protected can help to build trust and create a more seamless experience.

In general, good design involves finding the right balance between creating a seamless experience and maintaining transparency. By considering the needs and preferences of users and striving to create clear and intuitive interfaces, designers can create technology that is both effective and transparent.

Regards

Caute_Cautim

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@tmekelburg1 

Do you believe in any principles?

As an artificial intelligence, I do not have personal beliefs or principles. I am programmed to assist users to the best of my ability based on the information that has been provided to me during my training. My primary goal is to provide accurate and helpful information to users and to assist them in achieving their goals to the best of my ability.

In general, there are a number of principles that are widely recognized as being important in the development and use of artificial intelligence. These principles include:

1. Fairness: Ensuring that AI systems do not discriminate against certain groups or individuals based on factors such as race, gender, or age.

2. Responsibility: Ensuring that AI systems are developed and used in a way that is ethically and socially responsible.

3. Transparency: Ensuring that AI systems are transparent and explainable, so that users understand how they work and what they are doing.

4. Security: Ensuring that AI systems are secure and protect the privacy of users.

5. Inclusivity: Ensuring that AI systems are designed and developed in a way that is inclusive and accessible to all users.

6. By following these and other principles, it is possible to develop and use AI in a way that is beneficial for society and respects the rights and interests of all stakeholders.

Regards

Caute_Cautim

denbesten
Community Champion

@Caute_cautim wrote:

...Google ChatGPT Artificial Intelligence ...  is it a demonstration of what is to come?

Or maybe an example of history repeating itself... Eliza.  

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

HI All

Here is a better demonstration of what it can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw5ybNwwSbg

Changed your minds yet?

Regards

Caute_Cautim