cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcontesti
Community Champion

ChatGPT for kids

Lots of great information here.

I believe the author's book can be found by looking up Dirk Zee (this is NOT an endorsement of the author or his book as I have not read either) on LinkedIn.

1684966076530.jpg

1 Reply
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@dcontestiA good suggestion, but given the many issues is this wise, without some supervision? 

I think it is a very wise investment for teaching programming, coding to young people, but I have major concerns about hallucinations, stories that ChatGPT makes up, and whether they have the ability to distinguish what is true and what is not or how it may influence young people's mind as well.

Plus the social aspect in terms of ethics, at what is believable or not in this case.

I like the idea, but with some supervisory controls - I just hope it does not turn young people into "flat earth candidates" or something similar - you get my drift, I am sure.   Just imagine what Socrates would have said or should I state a frustrated Socrates according to one study:  https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6552/acc299

At this rate, someone will ask for IBM WatsonX, at least I know it is governed by good AI Governance from the outset..

Regards

Caute_Cautim