cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave4
Newcomer II

CV PREPARATION

Hi
Is there anyone who can help me with CV preparation?
3 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

You could try having your CV professionally written, however you'd need to provide all the material to go into it, as it's your marketing document.  As you're probably aware a CV typically has the following sections:

-Your name and contact details (email and tel no.)

-Profile, that states your experience and skill in summary. Literally 2 sentences or a list

-Work Experience listed jobs in reverse chronological order; employer (from/to), job title, then list the key duties or achievements you were responsible for in each role

-Professional qualifications, including cert numbers

-Professional memberships, including membership numbers

-Training course taken, preferably including only those for which you've a completion cert

-Education, just listing the qualifications achieved

I'd suggest that you start with those headings and build it up from there.  Obviously, everything on your CV must be factual as you may be asked about it if you secure an interview.  You have to work out what works for your target job roles, so if you're not getting interviews go back and look at what you've written.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
Dave4
Newcomer II

I'm very grateful Sir. God bless you.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Steve's advice I think is near perfect.

Once you've produced your CV you can then think about tailoring a couple of targeted resumes for specific jobs.

Remember that it's really the story of your life's course so you should be very fluid when speaking about it, and everything should fall out naturally. Be especially prepared to speak about gaps in employment or education where you're not listing anything (when I see these if interviewing, I just assume the candidate was off having fun, but quite a few people care about it more than me). Tie your aspirations into it, so it feels like you're moving in a direction, and especially if you don't have too much experience (and I'm guessing you don't based on the question) do feel free to add your hobbies and interests at the end, thinking about how they align with the jobs you're looking for. How you relate to it when interviewed can add or subtract greatly to/from your credibility.

There are huge numbers of templates out there to draw inspiration from, I think keeping it simple, legible and understandable is the best option initially.

Good luck!