Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuxing
Community Champion

2019 (ISC)² Cybersecurity Workforce Study

This is interesting reading:

2019 (ISC)² Cybersecurity Workforce Study 

Some of the statistics are both encouraging and alarming.

Community Manager

We just released this research today! We'd love to hear your feedback on it, as far as if anything is surprising, etc. 

Chuxing
Community Champion

Some quick reflections:

• The forecasted workforce gaps are alarming, giving the fact that almost every element of our lives nowadays are digitally impacted. 
  • The age distributions of security workforce is encouraging, as the lion-share of the workforce are below 50
  • The job concerns seem to reflect the main experiences I have encountered, and I would attribute to the lack of the 'true' awareness by the organizations' leadership, which tend to manifest into things like inadequate budget,  lack of resources, and lack of skilled personnel. 
  • One thing that I can't seem to find in the study is the training channels for future security workforce, specifically in the higher education programs. My personal experiences indicate that universities are ramping up the security curricula in their IT (non-CS) programs, albeit a lot of undergrad/grad students are jamming into AI, Big Data, Block Chain, etc, aka the 'hot stuff'.