Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackson-munuo
Newcomer I

Presentation slides

A lot of information has been shared this week. However, a good number of sessions I attended I did not receive presentation slides in advance. Is there a plan to provide those slides after the Congress? It will be very helpful if we can receive all the presentation used this week. Thank you in advance for consideration to this request. 

10 Replies
magician300
Newcomer I

I know that a fair amount of the presentations have the slides available in the mobile app being used for the conference; it's possible you'll find what you need there.  If not, I know for several of the sessions I went to, the presenter was always open to sending them to anyone that asked.  I'm sure you can reach out to them to get the material.

Hope this helps!

James
Contributor I

Yes, in the past (ISC)2 has emailed a link to everyone within a few weeks of the conference that has the slides used in the presentations.  The slides in the app were the presentations that were submitted ahead of time.

Personally, if there is a specific slide deck from a presentation, I usually ask the presenter afterwards.

Otherwise, we should get an email with a link to the presentations.

Tim_ISC2
ISC2 Team

I can provide some detailed information. Only approx 57 of the 150+ sessions at Congress uploaded their presentation prior to arriving on site. Those were made available in the app. At Congress, many of the speakers work on their slides until the last minute and then bring their presentation with them, bypassing the opportunity to provide them to show management (or me as I'm managing the speaker program). 

To address this, we started to collect the presentations that hadn't been previously uploaded on-site from the speakers in the Speaker Ready Room. We collected 38 of them on Tuesday and provided those to our app company on Wednesday morning. My understanding is that they have uploaded those and several others that I collected on Wednesday the 27th. 

I'll be checking the site tomorrow to ensure that those collected have been uploaded and are available. If not, I have copies on my laptop and I can upload. Additionally, I'll be going through what/which sessions are missing and reaching out to those speakers to get their materials. 

I'm working on a plan to mitigate these delays for our next Congress. While I realize it doesn't help right now, I we should have a good number of these posted and available for attendees some time tomorrow.

I will update this thread when I have more information.

Tim_ISC2
ISC2 Team

This morning and afternoon, I've added another 54 PPTs and PDFs that had been supplied to me while at the event. They should be all available in your app.

Jackson-munuo
Newcomer I

Is there anyway that we can download these slides and store to our cloud service storage as a backup for future reference purposes in the event ISC2 discountinue this app?

Tim_ISC2
ISC2 Team

I believe this is possible, but I will check and see how long these will be up and available.

Jackson-munuo
Newcomer I

Any updates on my question?

nawatramani
Viewer III

Is there a link to access and download the sites outside of the app? If so, please provide.

Tim_ISC2
ISC2 Team

Here's information on how to access the presentations from Security Congress and when the recordings of the session should be amde available:

Congress Slide Decks:

• Location 1 – Mobile App for download
    • Search ISC2 Congress in the app store and then event code SC2017
    • Touch Get Slides in the right hand corner of the app to download all at one time
    • Download 1 slide deck at a time – Touch Schedule, Browse by either day/presentation, tap the presentation, tap View Slide on the bottom right corner to download slide deck
  • Location 2 – Session website https://www.eventscribe.com/2017/ISC2/
    • Must have created an account and still create one
    • Click Browse Schedule and Browse by Session Type
    • Only the sessions that have the Additional Files icon next to them will have slide decks
    • Click Slides and a PDF in a new browser will open. The attendee can save to their computer from there.
    • Sessions that don’t have slide decks were not given by the speakers

Congress Recordings:

• Recordings will be made available to “All Access Pass” attendees via email by Monday, October 23rd.

Note that only attendess of Congress will be able to access these files.