cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Let's Meet up at Congress - NOLA 2018!

Hello everyone! 

I wanted to create a topic here for anyone who is attending Security Congress 2018, in beautiful New Orleans, LA.  If you want to meet up with anyone or are willing to meet up, please post below. 

Here are a few helpful tips on what to include when posting: 

• Your name - sometimes our Community screen name is not descriptive enough
  • Any open times you know of - have your schedule mapped out already?  Include some open times you might be available. 
  • Which track(s) you are focusing on - You may find some other people in the same tracks and trade notes/meet up at different sessions
  • Topics you are interested in - this way you can find some others to discuss them with.

If you find someone you want to meet up with feel free to use the Community's mention feature (just type @ and then their username) to talk with them here. You can also Private Message someone from their profile if you wanted to exchange email addresses or any other personal information. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
7 Replies
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

I'll hop in and go first here Smiley Happy

I wanted to let you all know that I am excited to be attending Congress this year - it's my first time going! During Congress, I would love to meet any current (and potentially new) Community members and talk to you in person!

I'll be around throughout a large portion of Congress, but the best times to chat with me are: 

• October 7th - During the Expo Hall Pub Crawl (5-7pm), I will be in the Solutions Theater 
  • October 8th & 9th - I'll be at the Community booth (#108) in the Expo Hall. Come stop by, say hi, and/or get your professional headshot taken. (A great bonus is that you can also use that as your Community avatar!)
Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Thank you for the kind offer, likelihood from my distance is likely to be very low.

Regards

Caute_cautim

CraginS
Defender I

And everyone be sure to wear your Community Badge Sash to all the meetings.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Can you buy us all beer and snacks? 🙂

Please no headshots I’m quite fond of my mauve bear/dog thing.

Mikecola86
Viewer II

Hello y'all

My name is Mike. I'll be focusing on Governance and incident response looking forward to seeing of y'all
James
Contributor I

Looking forward to meeting you Samantha! See you at the Pub Crawl or around the event!!

Brewdawg
Newcomer III

It was great meeting everyone at Security Congress.  Had a great time this year and looking forward to Orlando in 2019.  Thanks to all the (ISC)2 Staff and Volunteers for making this year's Congress a great one.