Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDWtheTall
Newcomer II

Downloading the slides

Anyone have any suggestions on downloading the slides from this year's Security Congress.  The online site shows all of the presentations as "locked", and the phone app seems to only send one slide at a time to email.

Any help would be appreciated.

"Dance like no one is watching, E-mail like it may one day be read aloud at a deposition."
18 Replies
MDWtheTall
Newcomer II

Tim,

That is exactly what I have done, but the slides appear to all be "locked", and clicking on the locked slides simply returns me to the session list.

Any suggestions?

Michael

"Dance like no one is watching, E-mail like it may one day be read aloud at a deposition."
MDWtheTall
Newcomer II

Another note:  If I hover over the "locked" slide button, it says "Upgrade to premium for slides"

@Tim_ISC2 wrote:

Perhaps I can help. If you are looking for the slides to download off the web/PC, please go to - https://www.eventscribe.com/2018/ISC2/You'll need to log in with your app credentials (so please have them on you). Once there, best thing to do is click on "Full Schedule" at the bottom. Click on a session and it will take you to the individual session. In the session description, you'll find at the bottom a button that says "slides". If the "Slides" button isn't there, that means either we haven't received the slides or there were no slides to the session (many of the panel discussions did not have slides).

As for the mobile app, it was working for me fine. 

MDWtheTall
Newcomer II

I figured that it might be a technical support problem, and it was!

My account (for some reason) was not properly set up to download.  The folks at CadmiumCD were able to correct it.

Good luck to all of you!

Michael

triplett
Newcomer I

I can't download the slides either.  Mine are showing as locked too.  How can I get this fixed for me too?

JimmyD
Newcomer II

You'll probably need to contact tech support. I think the other user had
to do that.
Tim_ISC2
ISC2 Team

Yes, the best course is to check with support in the case of the issue you're experiencing.

JPW2018
Newcomer I

Hi, could you indicate where these downloaded slides are saved on Samsung Galaxy phone?

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @JPW2018

Apologies for the delay. On your device, you should either see a Downloads folder in your Apps or a folder called "My Files" that will lead you to a Downloads folder (at least according to Samsung's FAQs).  I also wanted to point you to the following post that @Tim_ISC2 made about how to download the slides on your computer if that is easier - How to Download Slides for Security Congress 2018 Attendees 

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
JPW2018
Newcomer I

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the response.

I knew the Downloads folder you mentioned. The problem is the downloaded slides are not saved in the Downloads folder. I can find the slide pictures only in a system folder. The download function on mobile app seems not saving the slides into the Downloads folder. I am not sure if other people have different experience.