Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AppDefects
Community Champion

You Do Not Have a Right to Privacy Anymore

In this pandemic world. You don't have a right to privacy. Apple and Google will now embed software into iOS and Android to track and correlate all of your movements. The novel idea is known as "contract tracing". Don't believe Cook and Pichai - they know Jack about the what the code really does. You will be tracked while you are living and while your are dying in a hospital says the New York Times. It is to your benefit that the state knows your every movement. Bye, bye civil liberties!

Don't be tracked!Don't be tracked!

2 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Wonder what this means in terms of CCPA, GDPR and other privacy laws? and if those  will relax the rules if at all??

I really do not believe Cook or Pichai when they say that the tool will respect privacy......especially given that certain government officials are also interested in the tool....can anyone say "1984"

The article also states that a person has to opted in to use this proposed software....time to dig out my old flip phone 😉

d

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@AppDefects   But the very nature of Bluetooth, can create automatic associations with mobile or devices which may not actually work across all smart phones, and you may actually be in a completely different room than them, and they may not actually had an interaction at all.

I would certainty not trust big organisations using a Pandemic to hide their real intent - I mean what guarantee do we have for any of them to turn it off.  It will be misused or never turned off at all.   This approach is almost as bad as the Cyber-criminals taking advantage of the current situation to take advantage of other's weaknesses.  If we accept this, we might as well shut down the brain and go into hibernation.

Ethics and trust just went out of the window.

Regards

Caute_cautim