cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agovind
Newcomer I

Looking for ideas for presentation

HI,

I want to prepare a presentation to employees in my company regarding personal cyber security. This is not intended to be about corporate but strictly personal.

I want to make a personal connection and reveal issues that most people would not be aware of. I want to make a solid impact, keep it interesting with not much technical detail or lots of jargon.

One thought I had was presenting revealing how much data Google collects on you, however other ideas are most welcome.

Key things are: reveal new information most people wouldn't know about data collection, tracking etc. Make it impactful and personal.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

4 Replies
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@agovindWhat is the audience or intended receivers of the presentation?  Relatively young, uninformed, or experienced and well informed? 

There are lots of angles you could take?   For instance, what do you need to perpetrate an identity theft to masquerade as someone else?  

What are the implications of sharing information on social media and what you should not share?

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-to-face-5b-lawsuit-over-tracking-users-in-incognito-mode/...

https://www.avast.com/c-how-google-uses-your-data

Regards

Caute_Cautim

agovind
Newcomer I

HI,

The group I am presenting to are employees of a Software development company ranging from Admin personnel to software developers, so wide range of tech savviness.

I'm looking for things that would make a personal impact with a 'I didnt know that response'

Radar
Newcomer I

Another area that is really interesting and sort of in the similar vain of social media, is the rise (if you will) of disinformation and how information drives behavior. You could link that to cyber security and approach to phishing by invoking user emotion.

Really interesting field and discussions; but you need to narrowly scope such that the discussion doesn't get out of hand
alekos
Newcomer II

If your audience is mainly software developers and admins I would imagine they are already well aware about Google tracking. A good topic of conversation might be awareness around different social engineering techniques. A good question to ask is “what would you do if you found a USB drive in the parking lot or an iPhone charging cable?”. Most people pick them up and plug them into their computer. Well the thing is, some of our adversaries target certain companies and will strategically drop “special” USB drives and iPhone charging cables in our parking lots and then wait for us to plug them in. Check this video out to get an idea of what I am talking about  Rubber ducky.