Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

Hiding Your Web Site History from your ISP

We all know that our ISPs are terrible about tracking our browser usage. A recent improvement in web traffic protocols is DNS over HTTPS (DoH), which reduces the ability of intermediaries, including your ISP, to know where you are browsing. Chrome, Chromium Edge, and Brave have all offered DoH as an option, but maybe not easy to set up.

Now Mozilla is updating Firefox to default to DoH, with an offering of two more reliable DNS providers, Cloudflare and NextDNS. For more details, check the article

Firefox turns controversial new encryption on by default in the US
DNS over HTTPS will be rolling out over the coming weeks
By Jon Porter Feb 25, 2020

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
1 Reply
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@CraginS   There are many countries in the world including New Zealand:  http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2013/0091/latest/DLM5177923.html       Australia has a similar one. 

Plus here is various other groups tracking and tracing other nefarious goings on - associated with people trafficking and various other activities.  

I certainly cannot see this taking off in Australia or New Zealand, the authorities would loose a tremendous amount of information.  

Surely USA and the states have their similar: Telecommunications (Interception Capability and Security) legislation?

Regards

Caute_cautim