Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leroux
Community Champion

Championing Data Protection and Privacy – a Source of Competitive Advantage in the Digital Century

Over a year on from the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Capgemini Research Institute has found that companies vastly overestimated their readiness for the new regulation with just 28% having successfully achieved compliance; this is compared to a GDPR readiness survey last year which found that 78% expected to be prepared by the time the regulation came into effect in May 2018. However, organizations are realizing the benefits of being compliant: 81% of those that are say GDPR has had a positive impact on their reputation and brand image.

The “Championing Data Protection and Privacy – a Source of Competitive Advantage in the Digital Century” report finds that companies have responded to new requirements more slowly than they expected, citing barriers including the complexity of regulation requirements, costs of implementation and challenges of legacy infrastructure. Meanwhile, a significant number of organizations are investing heavily in data protection and privacy to ensure compliance with existing regulations, and to lay the foundation for those to come.

1 Reply
CraginS
Defender I

In line with the reality that privacy protection is a core part of information security) the Information Systems Security Association International (ISSA), a founding member of the (ISC)2 Consortium, has just this week announced a partnership with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), A significant aspect of the partnership: ISSA members who are not already IAPP members can obtain a free one year membership ($275 USD value) in IAPP. 

ISSA sent an email with details and link to the members on October 8. 

If you are not a member of either organization, I recommend contacting ISSA about joining.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts