cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimpleNick
Newcomer I

Anonymise Personal Information

Hi All,

We have a user that wishes for the ability to anonymise or de-identify personal information prior to data being transferred between Asia and UK region.

Does anybody know of any tools available to do without scripting as the end user may not have much technical knowledge.

1 Reply
CraginS
Defender I

@SimpleNick wrote:

Hi All,

We have a user that wishes for the ability to anonymise or de-identify personal information prior to data being transferred between Asia and UK region.

Does anybody know of any tools available to do without scripting as the end user may not have much technical knowledge.

Nick,

Allowing amateurs to decide what information is covered by GDPR and other privacy laws, and then self-edit, is a fool's errand. You really have to be an expert not only in the applicable laws and identity management, but also in the somewhat obscure world of compliant anonymization. If you have such experts in your organization, you could have them design a "clean your info" package with a user- accessible on/off control. This needs to be a solution for the entire dataset, not for each user.

Good luck on assuaging your user's concerns.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts