cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fortean
Contributor III

Language

Hi, folks.

What should be the language used here? Most Dutch folks, especially the ones in our profession, are able to read and write English, but for most of them it is their second (or third etc.) language. So, is it allowed to use Dutch as our main language here?

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
5 Replies
William
Newcomer I

How many Chapter members would not be able to communicate using the forum if it was in Dutch?

(Hoeveel leden zouden problemen hebben als we naar Nederlands zouden wisselen?).

fortean
Contributor III

Hi, William.

Most Chapter members are fluent in Dutch. There are a few exceptions I know of: expats that live in our country but don't speak Dutch. Let's be honest here: we don't make it very easy for them to learn Dutch either, as we all immediately switch to English if we detect that somebody is not a native.

I'm not aware of any registered members that don't speak English. You need to be pretty good in English to be able to complete the (ISC)2 courses and exams.

Then, again - our Chapter also allows non-certified members, and so you can't really always assume that everybody here will be able to read English.
--
William
Newcomer I

Ok. Hoeveel leden zouden het makkelijker vinden (sneller) om het forum in het Nederlands te hebben?

Mijn gedachte: op events is meestal alles ook in het Nederlands en Engelstalige fora zijn er genoeg.

note. You may use Google Translate if you can't read this 😛

CISO-Italiano
Newcomer III

Waarschijnlijk veel Nederlanders 😄

fortean
Contributor III

Of in ieder geval mensen die de Nederlandse taal voldoende machtig zijn..

--