cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Insight needed from Military/Veterans members of ISC2

Hello, 

I would like to write a blog (could be a series of blogs) to help those in the military or veterans transitioning into the cybersecurity industry. What did you learn when you went through the process? What do you wish you knew at the time that you know now?

For example, we have people in the U.S. who want to use their COOL program funding but don't know where to start, etc. 

If you are willing to work with me on this, please comment here (or private message me if you prefer anonymity) and I can reach out to learn more about your experiences. I understand there will be different experiences for those in different countries globally; so, I am interested in hearing from a variety of backgrounds, etc. 

For more information regarding Veteran Benefits, read this link: https://www.isc2.org/Training/US-Government#accordion-75568d159f074e9cb07dbfb3ddd9441a

Thanks in advance as I'm hoping this benefits others in the future as we aim to reduce the global workforce gap in cybersecurity and encourage others to join the profession.

ISC2 Community Manager
14 Replies
WVBC23-BNetSec
Newcomer I

Thank you!

Marylyn R. Harris, RN, CC
Harrland Healthcare
713-594-0179
WVBC23-BNetSec
Newcomer I

Hello,

I am Marylyn Harris, a ISC2 MEMBER and a former US Army Nurse.

I would like to be involved.

Marylyn Harris, RN, CC

713-594-0179

Craftyfellow
Newcomer II

@AndreaMoore If you are still looking for veterans to answer questions, I'm happy to help.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

I sent an email to anyone who replied with interest in helping me with this. If you did not receive an email, please let me know. 

It's coming from our Blog email. I look forward to your responses! 

Thanks again for your help!

ISC2 Community Manager
tldutton
ISC2 Team

I would be more than happy to assist.  I was in the Air Force 23 years (1985-2008) with multiple duty positions where cybersecurity were an integral part of my assigned responsibilities.  I also became an ISC2 member in 2009 when I earned my CISSP certification.