Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashish2_sapra2
Newcomer I

error when posting CPEs

Starting this weekend, I started observing error message "Required fields are missing: [Group]", being reported while adding any CPEs.

I am following the following steps:

1. Select NO for "Have the CPEs been fulfilled by ISC2?

2. Select a CPE type as "Education"

3. Select "Education courses and seminars".

4. Entering all the details and uploading an evidence pdf file.

5. Clicking on Save and Continue

6. Select the specific Group A domains

7. Submit and then get the error "Required fields are missing: [Group]"

Please assist if anyone else has seen this and what is the resolution?

Regards,
Ashish

12 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I posted about an issue I have been encountering with the CPE portal recently here:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Manually-Added-CPEs-Not-Appearing/m-p/26218#M5257

In summary I needed to select at least one domain from each of my certifications or my CPE submission would just disappear without a trace or any notification something had not worked correctly.

I've just tested again and I can submit CPEs just fine as long as I select at least one domain from each of my certifications. If I don't do that, instead of my CPE submission disappearing, it now gives the error you're describing (see screenshot below).

The badge system on here says you hold the CSSLP, so our situations are different in that respect, but similar in that neither of us fits the more standard profile of someone who holds only the CISSP, so I'd wager that has something to do with it.

@Kaity - Hi Kaity - can you feed this back to the team investigating the CPE portal issues please?

cpe-group-error.png

mbenet
Newcomer II

@AlecTrevelyan wrote:

[...]

The badge system on here says you hold the CSSLP, so our situations are different in that respect, but similar in that neither of us fits the more standard profile of someone who holds only the CISSP, so I'd wager that has something to do with it.

[...]

Hi, Alec.

I don't think it has something to do with the type of profile. I am a quite standard profile (CISSP, CCSP) and posted my CPE last week, but they just dissapeared. Seems like now there is an error message.

Somebody pointed to the cause you mention: not selecting one domain from all certificates stops it from going further. However, selecting a domain from all certificates doesn't always makes sense. For example, somebody that holds two certificates and wants to post CPE after he got the first one but before he got the second one. 

I think member support is aware of this and are working on this. ç

Cheers,

Manuel

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Yeah, I completely agree, Manuel - not all CPEs are applicable to all certifications, so we need to be able to select the appropriate ones! As I mentioned in that other thread I am holding off from submitting some CPEs until this issue is fixed.

BTW - when I say standard profile I'm referring to the vast majority of members who hold only the CISSP. As you have the CISSP and CCSP you don't fit that standard profile.

It would be interesting to hear from other members who do hold only the CISSP if they are having any issues. Or from members who hold only another certification that's not the CISSP to see if they're being affected.

ashish2_sapra2
Newcomer I

Hi Alec,

Thanks so much for your attention.

I have multiple certifications, including CISSP, CSSLP and ISSAP.

I also did select at least one Group A domain relevant to each certification, but still get the same error.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Interesting! So, we're effectively very similar (as is Manuel) in that we have multiple certifications. Although, both Manuel and I can apply CPEs to all certifications and not have this error appear whereas you can't.

The badge system on the Community is partially linked to the main member database so I wonder if the fact only your CSSLP badge shows up on here is part of your issue or at the least explains the difference in what you experience compared with Manuel and I?

Looks like Kaity hasn't logged in here for a while so I wonder if one of the other Community employees would be good enough to pass all this information along to the relevant people working on this issue?

@amandavanceISC2 

@SamanthaO_isc2 

@Jarred_LeFebvre 

Jarred_LeFebvre
Community Manager

@ashish2_sapra2 

Sorry you're encountering this issue. Please private message me your member ID, and we will investigate. 

ashish2_sapra2
Newcomer I

Hello Jared,

My member id is 94222.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Regards,
Ashish
ashish2_sapra2
Newcomer I

Thanks Jared, also i posted several CPEs earlier in August, which have not
reflected in the transcript or dashboard.

Request to check that as well.
Thanks
ashish2_sapra2
Newcomer I

When will it be resolved typically?

Thanks