cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fortean
Contributor III

Why was my posting marked as spam?

Screenshot at 2018-04-16 16-42-49.png

As can be seen from the screendump above, a IMHO (not really qualifying as such) post was marked as SPAM. Why was that?

ETA: as you can see, it was suggested that I'd issue an abuse report, but as there is not an option to file a 'consider this a valid post' request, I saw no other option than to report it this way.

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
6 Replies
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @fortean

I am sorry that your post was marked as Spam. The Community has an automated system that will filter messages as Spam and we are working through the system learning what is indeed Spam and what is not. If this does happen again, you can always post in the Community like you did this time or send us an email to community@isc2.org. We'll be happy to look into it for you and help resolve the issue.

For this post that you mentioned, I have gone ahead and released it, you can see it live here. Again, sorry for any inconvenience. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
fortean
Contributor III

Thanks, Samantha, no problem at all, especially not because your adequate and swift reply Heart

Just curious: as only registered members can post here (TTBOMK at least), how is it they can post spam at all?

--
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thanks for your understanding! 

To answer your other question, even though only registered members can post here, the Community has seen some spam users and bots registering for the sole purpose of spamming the Community. It is something that typically happens across forums that allow for open registration, as well as many other forum configurations. In order to combat this, we do have that filter in place to try to catch some things before they make it to the Community. It is usually pretty good at determining what is spam vs. what is not, but at times it does catch some things like your post. 

Samantha O'Connor
fortean
Contributor III

Just a quick suggestions: perhaps people that are above a certain 'level' (e.g. reached contributor or better?) should be trusted not to post spam in the first place. If they still do, there is always the report button for others to use.

--
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll look into it to see if it can be implemented within the system. 

Also, just to let you know, I am sending along a message to our team about your issues with submitting CPE's in the new layout. We'll reply in that thread when our teams have had a chance to review and look into it. 

Samantha O'Connor
fortean
Contributor III

Thanks again, Samantha, it is much appreciated!

--