Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
green20151
Newcomer III

Who is responsible for this awful web CPE portal?

I really have to ask.  Who accepted the CPE portal as it is now?  I feel badly contacting Customer Support with issues, as I know they certainly did not approve this terrible "portal" which cannot even provide the titles of your submitted credits (heaven help you if you have more than 1 activity in a day).  

Some middle manager was probably told to get it redesigned by some impossible date and stuck with no budget.  Or maybe they were told that the needs of members to be able to submit CPEs was less important than the bean counting of what activities get what kinds of credits.  As a QA professional, if I were associated with the CPE Portal, I would be ashamed.  

I am somewhat disgusted since one would think with all of the prestigious organizations and vendors, and software development companies involved with ISC2 and the CISSP, you would have had a CPE portal that was efficient, easy to use, and user friendly.  It's really awful.  Did you pay someone money to develop this?  

18 Replies
dswomley
Newcomer II

Also a project manager......I am glad to have found this line of discussion......I have been feeling the same way, and actually complained rather loudly and repeatedly when the  new site was deployed in the midst of an online course I was taking. I don't like to be a complainer, as I'm sure most of us feel, having been on projects that at some point, didn't go well. But, as you mentioned......for an organization as proudly public and professional as it is, (ISC)2 and/or its vendor dropped the ball on this one. 

It seems there was little to no Human Factors consideration here. The outcome is non-intuitve and less than usefu to members. 

dswomley
Newcomer II

except when it's not the first! lol Mine (CISSP) is 13th of the month, go figure. 🙂
Bryiantan
Newcomer II

Kudos! thanks for having the courage to bring up this topic.I still like the old portal even though it less fancy but it served its purpose. Smiley LOL

mcfwong
Viewer

@Bryiantan wrote:

Kudos! thanks for having the courage to bring up this topic.I still like the old portal even though it less fancy but it served its purpose. Smiley LOL

It was designed to fancy the executives who signed the paycheck ? Shouldn't be the end-user experience the No. 1 priority ? I am fully disappointed with this portal and can't believe a professional organization like (ISC)2 will have such work. It is s shame, thumb down !

CISO-Italiano
Newcomer III

(ISC)² give us back the old portal. This is awfully unusable and it's a big step back in comparison to the very concise dashboard we had before. Please rollback asap until a better solution is found. This is not resistance to change, this is resistance to worsening UX.

lucasm
Viewer

I agree. This is the worst portal I have ever encountered. Bring back the old and fire the manager.
Jezza
Viewer III

I logged in today after not having done so for many months. I can't remember the portal being as bad as it is now. It is so hard to navigate anywhere. I previously had MFA turned on, this had been turned off and I had to re-enable it. I found it so hard to find the CPE dashboard to submit a CPE... had to Google it... it wasn't intuitive at all. Then being in an Australian time zone, I tried to submit a CPE, and it says "Date cannot be in the future" ?! This is on 7th November... despite it being 9am on 7th November in Sydney.

To log a complaint, you need to Google that as well to find the contact details.

Finding a place to change time zone settings was like pulling teeth... I eventually found this link:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences

changed the timezone, but it made no difference.

If you follow the FAQ, it says to go to:

https://www.isc2.org/Dashboard/Preferences

but there is no place here to change the timezone settings.

On some pages the ISC2 logo has a hyperlink and others it doesn't. Its absolutely terrible... huge big banners everywhere, like a 1st year Uni student's first attempt to develop a website.

Whoever did it has like morphed 3 websites into one and none are in sync.

There is another place to change timezone settings here:

https://learn.isc2.org/d2l/lp/preferences/preferences_main/preferences_main.d2l?ou=6606

and guess what this was already set to Sydney AEST, so didn't help with the CPE issue.

Oh my gosh, please, please re-design this website from the ground up... its terrible !!!!!

Don't take my word for it... put together a survey and ask user's opinion !

Clipper
Viewer III

We are at the end of 2023 and this portal is still utter crap. I can reliably enter my THREE YEARS CPEs and so it does not even let me pay my AMF. This is simply ridiculous.

- HUGE fonts everywhere and HUGE white space is such a waste, our screens are bigger and bigger and we see less and less information

- Saving the CPE leaves a draft record which seems empty. Coming back to that record actually proves it's empty

- Why a MULTI-SCREENS of 6 sequential steps for one single CPE ??

This is madness and a shame that after 5 years it's still totally utter crap..

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

As an ex backend coder UX wasn't exactly my thing either LOL.

Perhaps they should take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Design_of_Everyday_Things

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS