Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmarlow
Newcomer I

Waiting for endorsement - Am i "Associate"?

Having passed the CISSP, I am waiting for endorsement.  What is the correct way to sign my name?

A) <name> Associate CISSP

B) <name> CISSP Associate

C) <name>

D) [fill in the blank]

Thank you!

15 Replies
Wayne_Evans
Newcomer III

Hi,

Congratulations - From what I remember, I was advised that I shouldn't do or say or call my self-anything ISCx2 related until the endorsement came through. As your not certified until that process is completed.

I attached the logo/branding usage guidelines (link - https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Documents/logoguidelines.ashx?la=en&hash=C14D5C1A379D142E3928BE1DB...), not sure if it clears the water. 

I expect there is a definitive answer out there!  But I saw this section in the guidelines

Associates of (ISC)² are NOT certified and may not use any Logo or description other than “Associate of (ISC)²”. Under no circumstances may they identify which exam they have successfully passed or use any Logo, other than “Associate of (ISC)²”, in any manner. Failure to abide by this rule may result in the candidate being prohibited from ever attaining any (ISC)² certification.

Kind Regards,

Wayne

amandavanceISC2

Hello Mark,

Congratulations on passing the CISSP! Unless you changed your status, or registered to become an Associate of (ISC)² when you registered for the exam (your congratulations email would confirm if you're an associate or not), you may not say that you are an Associate of (ISC)² and as Wayne confirmed, you may not use the CISSP either. Once your endorsement application has been passed, and you receive the confirmation email, that is when you may claim to hold the CISSP and have passed the exam. If you would like me to double check on if you requested the Associate status, please send me a DM with your (ISC)² ID number.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

mmarlow
Newcomer I

Thank you!

Melleive
Newcomer I

I took my exam and was given provisional confirmation of a passing score. I have the necessary experience to be certified but, I had not realized it would take upwards of 8 weeks to get my certification adjudicated. Is there a way to apply for ISC2 Associate status after the fact? It would be nice to at least be able to put that on my resume until I get my official certification. Barring that, may I say I am awaiting the adjudication of my certification? What can I say to a potential employer regarding my status? 

Also, is there a phone number or email I can use to contact the relevant ISC2 department? The public contact info has not been garnering any response. 

amandavanceISC2

@Melleive Thank you for your inquiry and congratulations! Yes, you can become an Associate of (ISC)² after passing the exam. To do this, please log into your profile, hover over the 'Certifications' tab and click 'Endorsement'. On the next page, click they hyperlink in the first sentence, 'Online Endorsement Application'. Click to start a new application and you will be asked to become an Associate.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Melleive
Newcomer I

Thank you! Ok, next problem. The SSCP does not appear on the list of exams. Should I just click the CISSP link? I won't be taking that anytime soon so, that doesn't seem right. Also, I was told the Assoc. process takes just as long as the cert endorsement process.

Also, it sounds very much like I am under a gag order for 8+ weeks regarding any discussion of my cert or my progress in the certification status without the Associate desgination. Is there anything I can legally add to my resume or say to a potential employer in the interim? 

Melleive
Newcomer I

For instance, is the following an allowable statement: "To that end, I am now pursuing certification from both (ISC)2 and CompTIA as a Systems Security Certified Professional (SSCP-awaiting adjudication of my provisional test scores) and Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)."

amandavanceISC2

@Melleive Unfortunately, until your endorsement has been passed within the 6 week window, you will only be able to list Associate of (ISC)². I have reviewed your file and can see you recently called in. Someone from our Endorsement team will contact you soon to assist you in creating the Associate status. Please note, this is a quick process. 

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

Melleive
Newcomer I

I just received a phone call from one of the endorsement representatives. Her response was that I may legally say the following (and add it to my resume): " I have provisionally passed the SSCP and am currently awaiting endorsement." I was also told I could add my certification number. I was also advised that associate status takes the same amount of time as the SSCP endorsement and that it makes no sense for me since I have the requisite experience. Can you please verify that?