Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Can I apply for Associate status after the exam?

@Melleive Thank you for your inquiry and congratulations! Yes, you can become an Associate of (ISC)² after passing the exam. To do this, please log into your profile, hover over the 'Certifications' tab and click 'Endorsement'. On the next page, click they hyperlink in the first sentence, 'Online Endorsement Application'. Click to start a new application and you will be asked to become an Associate.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Highlighted
Newcomer I

Thank you! Ok, next problem. The SSCP does not appear on the list of exams. Should I just click the CISSP link? I won't be taking that anytime soon so, that doesn't seem right. Also, I was told the Assoc. process takes just as long as the cert endorsement process.

Also, it sounds very much like I am under a gag order for 8+ weeks regarding any discussion of my cert or my progress in the certification status without the Associate desgination. Is there anything I can legally add to my resume or say to a potential employer in the interim? 

Highlighted
Newcomer I

For instance, is the following an allowable statement: "To that end, I am now pursuing certification from both (ISC)2 and CompTIA as a Systems Security Certified Professional (SSCP-awaiting adjudication of my provisional test scores) and Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)."

Highlighted

@Melleive Unfortunately, until your endorsement has been passed within the 6 week window, you will only be able to list Associate of (ISC)². I have reviewed your file and can see you recently called in. Someone from our Endorsement team will contact you soon to assist you in creating the Associate status. Please note, this is a quick process. 

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

Highlighted
Newcomer I

I just received a phone call from one of the endorsement representatives. Her response was that I may legally say the following (and add it to my resume): " I have provisionally passed the SSCP and am currently awaiting endorsement." I was also told I could add my certification number. I was also advised that associate status takes the same amount of time as the SSCP endorsement and that it makes no sense for me since I have the requisite experience. Can you please verify that?