Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

@netzwergwrote:

If you submit a podcast CPE credit request, and don't put anything in the review text box, then it is accepted.  If, however, you enter any text in the box, it must be between 250-500 words....

Appears that this has been fixed.  I just submitted another webcast and was able to successfully put just the URL into the "review text".

kmjordan
Newcomer II

Since I have only been certified since December of 2016, I didn't realize that "suggested" annual was a previous standard.  Imagine my surprise when I logged in to find that I have competed 132.78% of my CSSLP CPE requirements!  This is what happens when you take classes for multiple other certifications in the same year.  🙂  The last certification was my SSCP in February, though, so that one has zero CPEs.  😞

However, the member home page still says I need 18 CPEs by the end of the year for my CSSLP, which is true under the previous annual CPE requirements, but no longer true under the 3-year CPE rules. I would hope that updates to the member home page are also in the works to marry it up with the new CPE system?

Previously there was a Membership Status PDF, which is what appears to have been replaced by the new "Active Transcript" PDF.  However, the status PDF had been available from the member home page, not within the CPE interface.  Having it on the member home page makes more sense, since it shows all your certifications in one file.  There is no difference in what appears when I select the Active Transcript button on either my CSSLP or my SSCP tile. If the individual buttons just showed you that particular certification's CPEs, while an overall status was available on the home page, that might be more logical. And as others have mentioned, having the transcript list for an individual certification be a web page rather than a PDF would also be more consistent within the interface.  Leave the overall transcript/status PDF on the main member home page for those of us who like to download files.

The Membership Status PDF also included your AMF status, not just CPEs, so you got the full picture of all your membership requirements.  I really liked having this overall status as a PDF that I could download as confirmation that my CPEs and AMF payments had been credited, and I could see exactly how much more was required to complete my cycle.  This was the only place I could see the yearly breakdown of both AMFs and CPEs.  The purchase history page in the old style site still provides the annual AMF information, but it is not in a clear format, since it is listed by invoices, not by certification, and includes both exam costs and AMF fees/credits all mixed together.

I would also like to see a "generated on" or "as of" date included in the PDF to be clear on *when* that was the current status in that offline format. 

Are pending CPEs listed as well as approved ones in the PDF?  From @fortean's post, it looks like they are split between groups A and B, but zooming in doesn't make the picture any bigger, so I can't see exactly what it says.  If pending credits are also included, with date submitted, having the status date is even more helpful, so that you can see how long it is taking to process pending credits or transfer automatic credits.

The titles of several of my classes have been cut off in the tile interface.  Hopefully the full length of that field will be displayed again when the tiles are corrected to a list?

My previous CPEs also only have a Delete option available.  Are we supposed to be able to edit these?  Or does the new workflow, which now includes approval, mean that once CPEs are approved they are no longer editable?  Since this is my first (ISC)² certification cycle, I had been tweaking these as I add new ones to make them more consistent as I figure out this whole CPE thing in general.  🙂

That's probably more than my allotted 2 cents.

--- Kim Jordan, CSSLP, SSCP
K-Med
Newcomer II

I've noticed this as well. Do we track them manually then? This is kind of an important issue. Maybe they should release an email to advise people that they know this is happening?

K-Med
Newcomer II

Yup, the last layout was ugly but functional. This one is awful. The automatic addition of CPEs isn't working and entering them in manually is just a burden.

Chuxing
Community Champion

The new CPE process is a major failure in my view.

First off, the data loading is painfully slow. Are we running Windows NT4 on a  single 386 server beckend?

Then there is this non-functional auto crediting system, where eSeminar credits are not loaded.

Thirdly, the manually process is totally not responsive - weeks later there is still no action or response after clicking  the red "Request Assistance" button. There is no acknowledge message, so one does not even know it the CPE request has been sent.

I am totally amazed in this day and age, with IT so maturely available for such simple applications, we ended up with a poorly to non-function system 

I wrote to ISC2 AP support. They told me not to add CPEs which are supposed to be reported by bluesky and brighttalk manually. They are working on a fix and we have to just wait. My cycle ends end of April and it shows that I am short of CPE's. I am bit worried. 

fortean
Contributor III

@kmjordan, you wrote: "Are pending CPEs listed as well as approved ones in the PDF?  From @fortean's post, it looks like they are split between groups A and B, but zooming in doesn't make the picture any bigger, so I can't see exactly what it says."

The blurryness was added intentionally, as this is a public forum and I don't want to create an opportunity for tricksters to fake such a report all too easily. But to answer your question: the split between pages does not take into account what is on the page, full stop. The report itself is actually formatted allright, e.g. there are neat borders around each certification section (if one holds more than one certification, as I do) and neat borders around the group A and group B listings.  But the actual page break is bluntly put wherever virtual paper size dictates.  In my case the page split runs right through the group A credit listing of my second certification.  And yes, from what I recall pending' CPEs were listed as well.

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
kmjordan
Newcomer II

OK, good - it wasn't my eyes being bad!  🙂  Thanks for the clarification, @fortean.

--- Kim Jordan, CSSLP, SSCP
amandavanceISC2

@terryathayer Thank you for your inquiry and I apologize for the confusion. Please see the steps below on how to submit CPEs for a Chapter Meeting.

After submitting the date, Have you fulfilled a CPE offered by (ISC)² = No. 

Contributions to the Profession> Participation in security professional association chapter meeting

Chapter Name = Location/Name of Chapter

Parent Organization = Other

Other Position = Other

Position = Member 

Credits = number of hours in meeting 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

amandavanceISC2

@Chuxing Thank you for your inquiry and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please know, we are working on resolving all of the issues you mentioned. The CPE submissions for the e-symposiums, webinars and InfoSecurity Professional Magazine will be getting submitted hopefully by the end of the week.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance