Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
MStockdale
Newcomer I

Thanks - however I can't even log on to submit as I get an SSO domain error, so I'm completely locked out of viewing or trying to submit any CPE's.
amandavanceISC2

@MStockdale I'm sorry to hear that. I see your email in my inbox and will respond via that email.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

MStockdale
Newcomer I

Amanda - thanks appreciated.

Matt

n4642
Viewer

I emailed support and didn't get a response (besides the three day promise to respond email) and it has been 12 days.  Whenever I check my CPE I get an error that says:

We can't log you in. Check for an invalid assertion in the SAML Assertion Validator (available in Single Sign-On Settings) or check the login history for failed logins.

I have tried different browser and really need somebody to help me.  Does anyone know the escalation process for this sort of thing?

billclancy
Contributor I

I think you need member services

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @billclancy

As @billclancy mentioned, Member services will be your best bet for this. You can also reach them by email at membersupport@isc2.org. 

I'll also be merging this thread together with the larger thread that talks about the current issues with the CPE Portal, this way as we get updates we can post a message to everyone at once. 

Thank you, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
denbesten
Community Champion

@SamanthaO_isc2 wrote:

... Member services will be your best bet for this. You can also reach them by email at membersupport@iscc2.org. 

make that membersupport@isc2.org .

vasantpatel
Viewer II

I completed 10 CPE using magazine of year 2015 and its been 2 weeks and I don't see it in my acct. The old portal was much better. I tried to submit manually and "save and exit" is disabled,I even tried to upload my cert that I have saved saying that I have successfully completed xyz quiz.

Thanks,

denbesten
Community Champion

Try selecting a different category.  Those in the (ISC)² section are automatically submitted.  In the new world, that means that we can not add in those categories.  And no, I don't know why the UI bothers to show us entire sections that we can not use.

I do suggest adding a few words somewhere in the submission mentioning what the CPE is actually for and the oddness of the scenario (e.g. "ISP Magazine Jan-Feb 2015 issue - self submitted because auto submission did not show up") to remind yourself in the event of audit.  And yes, attaching the completion certificate is a good idea.

niceduck
Newcomer I

CPE portal and CPE PDF print still prints all points in random order, it shouldn't be too hard to add "ORDER BY <some date column>" to sql ?

It is really hard to verify all automatic submissions have worked, or check, if some manually added CPE line exists.

Hopefully sorting will come sooner than later, since it has been on to-do-list quite a long time already.

Cheers; NiD