Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
JonLacey
Newcomer I

Not sure if it is related but I had an issue with the CPE portal that was due to me using Edge, I changed the browser as advised by a support agent and everything worked just fine

jones12
Viewer

I used the chat to get a hold of their support and they pushed it through. They didn't give me an explanation of what was causing it ; )

Chuxing
Community Champion

ctfishing1 - have you contacted tech support? they should be able to push it through on your behalf.

As I mentioned on this forum (https://community.isc2.org/t5/Ask-ISC/Updated-CPE-Portal-amp-Annual-requirements/m-p/9932#M1971), there are issues with application development testing requirement, or maybe the lack thereof, before deploying the new CPE platform. I noticed that people are complaining about security credential, browser compatibility, etc. I hope that the organization is learning from the mistakes and mishaps, and will adhere closer to the well-established project management methodologies for future projects.

fortean - Certainly a valid suggestion. 

With my limited observations, I am aware of several key issues:

1. Functionality - certain functions are not present, e.g., ordering CPEs in a chronological patter

2. Browser compatibility - not all browsers are fully supported in all functionalities

3. Performance - Loading is very slow

4. Sign On - Security credentials are not properly carried through SSO

5. CPE links to other platforms - Even with the ISC2 affiliates, CPEs are not always automatic loaded.

@Mat_Gilman Thank you for your inquiry and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems submitting your CPEs. Please know, the SSO error is a known error that we are working hard to resolve as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

amandavanceISC2

@Elvar Please email me with your primary email address and member ID number and I'll be happy to assist you with your draft CPEs.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thanks for updating us, @JonLacey. I am glad to hear that switching browsers resolved the issue for you. I'm going to merge this into a larger thread so that others who may run into this issue may be able to see the steps that helped you a little easier. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
AikenDave
Viewer II

I had that issue the first time I logged into the redesigned ISC2 website. I went back the next day and was able to complete the entry and get credit. Having said that, I'm waiting on my latest magazine quiz 2 hour credit to post from earlier this week.

npverma
Newcomer I

I am really surprised what is happening to the ISC2 website. In the older website, the moment you login it was so easy to figure out how many CPE you have credited, how many left etc. . The new user interface is so poor, nothing is clear.

denbesten
Community Champion

The member page (https://www.isc2.org/MemberHome) displays for me right after login and shows my remaining AMF and CPE requirements. If this is not true for you, I suggest sending a screenshot to membersupport@isc2.org so that they can look for a potential problem with your account.

2018-05-05 10_25_50-Member Home _ Membership Dashboard and News _ (ISC)².png

The CPE submission page (https://cpe.isc2.org/s/) has been undergoing change and there has been substantial discussion about it.  You might review this discussion and then append your observations/recommendations.  (ISC)² support does seem to be paying attention and is actively relaying our input to the developers.