Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryiantan
Newcomer II

Think Tank / Bright Talk Webminars - Missing CPE

As I remember correctly, before the new portal/ site, the CPE from viewing the Think Tank Webinars will be added into the transcript automatically. But, I noticed, that not the case with the new portal/site. I entered couple of CPEs manually back in June 2018, today, it still pending. I watched three additional Think Tank Webinars this month, and it not showing in the transcript. What going on? Anyone else having the same issue?

11 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@Bryiantan Thank you for your inquiry. I will be happy to look into the pending CPEs. Please send me a DM with your primary email address on file as well as your member ID number. Unfortunately, if you do not see the CPEs from BrightTalk or BlueSky within 5-7 business days, please enter these manually using the instructions below.

1. Enter begin/end date

2. Select 'no' to (ISC)² offered event (even if it is)

3. Education (tab)

4. 'Online webinar, podcast and other online training'

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

denbesten
Community Champion

"Pending" means "Draft".  You need to click the edit button, then continue clicking "Save and continue" until you reach a "submit" button and finally a "Thank You" page to get a CPE out of pending state.

Depending on how you login to BrightTalk, CPEs may or may not automatically submit.  If they don't show up, the easiest answer is to enter them manually.  There is historical discussion about why this is; search for "brighttalk" in the community.

Bryiantan
Newcomer II

Thanks. It works!

Bryiantan
Newcomer II

Thanks. It works!
Graham_Murphy
Newcomer I

I've occasionally encountered Webinars not being added automatically for some reason. This is one more reason to keep a good log of what you've watched, so you can pick up where they haven't been automagically added.
promise
Newcomer I

Yah, me to having same issue. I watched some Bright talk Webinars, but after 10 days they did not show up on the CPE transcript. 

so im guessing isc2 need to check the back-end. 

Fareed
Newcomer III

Hello Amanda,

I posted yesterday but got no reply from Member Support. I reiterate - I have waited and waited for the 2 CPE's for the May/June 2018 of Infosecurity Professional Magazine - read on April/17/2018 to show up in my CPE list but that's not happening. Since those CPEs are supposed to be added automatically, I haven't a clue about what to do. I have tried to add them manually previously, with no success. I do have a copy of the certificate which proves that I have earned them. I also noticed that 6 CPEs which are really Infosecurity Professional Magazine are actually showing up in my CPE list as e-symposium webinar, but seems that no one cares about such tiny details. I have sent email to you, eparedes, and lschneite, all @isc2.org trying to get these 2 CPEs added. Please do something or suggest a way I can fix this. 

amandavanceISC2

@Fareed Thank you for your note. Please know, we have three business days to respond to all emails as some we have to research such as yours. I can confirm that Laura has just responded to your email that was sent to myself and Beth.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Fareed
Newcomer III

No problem. I've waited more than 4 months. I've posted to this forum about
this issue. I sent an email about this issue on May 14, 2018 that was never
answered. I've filled in the form on the website begging for help. I've
also made three telephone calls to the USA without the problem being
resolved. I am more than willing to wait another three days.