cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Secure4All
Viewer III

Take CISSP In between employment?

Hey all,

Quick question regarding eligibility for registering for and taking the CISSP exam. I noticed when trying to register for the exam they ask for current employer information. Is it a pre-requisite to be employed at the point in time you want to schedule and take your CISSP exam. I recently left my last position and am in between jobs taking some time to not only study for this cert but also taking some classes towards my MBA.

Thanks!

3 Replies
Bertikus
Newcomer III

I know a few that were not employed when they took the test.  I don't think it is a requirement but experience is a requirement.  You may have to be an associate until you meet that requirement. 

Secure4All
Viewer III

Hi

Thanks for the comment. I just found it strange that one of the mandatory fields when registering for the exam was employer and position, so I was curious if that was necessary or not. I have over 8 years of IT audit and security experience, I've only just taken some time off to pursue my studies and plan for this cert. So that's why I was worried if I need to be employed at the point in time when registering and sitting for the CISSP exam.

Regards

amandavanceISC2

@Secure4All Thank you for your inquiry. No, it is not required to be employed to take the exam and become a member of (ISC)². As long as you have the work experience requirements at some point in your career, you will qualify.

Best of luck!

Amanda Vance