Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmikesmith
Newcomer III

Submitting conference CPEs for multiple certifications

I have the CISSP and CCSP certifications. I recently attended a conference where some of the sessions addressed cloud security, but not all of them did. This conference does not automatically inform (ISC)2 of my attendance, so I have to submit the CPEs manually. Must I enter the cloud-related CPEs individually under my CCSP and the non-cloud CPEs under my CISSP? May I group all cloud-related sessions as a single CPE entry? May I group all non-cloud sessions as a single CPE entry? I attended 14 sessions, and I'd rather not have to make 14 separate entries.

Thanks.

Mike

4 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@jmikesmith wrote:

I have the CISSP and CCSP certifications. I recently attended a conference where some of the sessions addressed cloud security, but not all of them did. ... I attended 14 sessions, and I'd rather not have to make 14 separate entries.

Mike,

This is just a thought, but give it a try:

Make two CPE submissions, one for only CISSP and one only for CCSP. For the CISSP, claim a total covering the entire conference, since cloud constructs and security are clearly within the CISSP CBK (14?). For the CCSP claim the total number of sessions you decide are cloud-related. 

With the current CPE portal design you can select several individual Type A domains to cover the overall content you report.

Also, I applaud your effort to maintain the highest level of ethical interpretation of your CPE fulfillment.

Good luck!

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
denbesten
Community Champion

When I attended a conference that submitted CPEs on my behalf, they made a single entry that had all the CPEs I earned.  So there is precedence for grouping entries.  As always, I would recommend attaching a conference report that details the total being submitted so that it is easy to defend your action if needed.  

amandavanceISC2

@jmikesmith Thank you for reaching out to us. When submitting CPEs for attending a conference, you want to submit as one entry only. When submitting, you will be able to pick which domains the conference falls under for both your CISSP and CCSP certifications, and the CPEs will be applied to both certifications. You would submit 1 CPE per hour of attendance at the conference. For example, if the conference was two days, you would submit roughly 16-18 CPEs.

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

jmikesmith
Newcomer III

Thanks, Amanda, but my issue is that, of the 14 hours of sessions, only 2 hours dealt with cloud security topics relevant to my CCSP. All 14 are of course relevant to my CISSP. If I make one submission, all 14 CPEs will be applied to both certs, and that would be incorrect.

In the end, I made two submissions, one for 2 CPEs on my CCSP and one for 12 CPEs on my CISSP. I assume that the 2 CCSP CPEs will be carried over to my CISSP in the usual manner.

Mike Smith