cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nzobel
Newcomer I

Still no certificate package...

Hi all,

Passed the CISSP exam in june 2019, and still waiting for the certification package to arrive... Any of you guys who had this issue? 

PS. I'dont live on Mars. Smiley Tongue

5 Replies
dkondrad
Newcomer I

I passed my renewal period the end of January this year and haven't seen a reissued certificate either.

Really nice to have an expired cert hanging on my wall.

Regards,

Dave

emb021
Advocate I

@dkondrad wrote:

I passed my renewal period the end of January this year and haven't seen a reissued certificate either.

Really nice to have an expired cert hanging on my wall.

Well, if you feel you need to update the cert on your wall, you can go into your member dashboard and print out your certificate.

ISACA doesn't sent out reissued certificates, you have to do the same.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Kaity
Community Manager

Hi all! 

We do send out both a welcome kit upon initial certification (with printed certificate, letter, lapel pin) as well as upon recertification after your new three-year cycle has started. Print/ship time is around 12 weeks, but please feel free to email MemberSupport@isc2.org to confirm that your certificate was on a print list already submitted to our vendor for printing and shipping. Include your ID # and the mailing address on your account (we use the primary address for mailing certificates) in your email and we can review to make sure your kit is in our queue. If it's not, we can get it added to our next list. 

I hope this helps! 

dkondrad
Newcomer I

Hi,

Kaity:

Thanks so much for the info!

This is my first re-cert so I wasn't aware of the lead time but it makes sense considering the volume.

Michael:

It is standard practice in other fields where certification is necessary (and usually costly) issue new certificates after renewal with an official seal on them. I surely wouldn't want to receive services from trainer or other professional that had a laser-printer copy of a cert on their wall. No need to look down on someone for expecting the same, no matter how many acronyms you have after your name.

Regards,

David

emb021
Advocate I

@dkondrad wrote:

Hi,

Michael:

It is standard practice in other fields where certification is necessary (and usually costly) issue new certificates after renewal with an official seal on them. I surely wouldn't want to receive services from trainer or other professional that had a laser-printer copy of a cert on their wall. No need to look down on someone for expecting the same, no matter how many acronyms you have after your name.

Regards,

David

David-

No one was "looking down" on you for wanting a new cert.  As noted, ISC2 sends out a new one on renewal.  I was pointing out that you can print it out if you need to use this while the new package is sent out.  YOUR WELCOME.

I was pointing out that ISACA, which is a group with nearly 500K members doesn't do this, which I don't like.  They can afford to do so.

As you can see, its not consistent everywhere to send out certs, regardless of the cost of them.

I have a state issued life insurance license and they no longer send out certs.  I have had to print out PDFs.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow