Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lomar
Newcomer I

SSCP Certification Experience Requirement

I'm a final year student at University pursuing a Bsc. in Computing (4 years program) and I'm currently prepping for the SSCP exam in a couple weeks. 

I need some clarification as it relates to the 1-year experience requirement. Now, seeing that I'm a final year student set to complete the degree this coming June and graduate with the degree in November and I'll be taking the SSCP exam in April, Is it that I won't be able to use my degree as the 1-year experience prerequisite until November?

12 Replies
mouandaguy
Newcomer III

Congratulation Lomar for your CompTia Security + Certified.
sophia_cart
Newcomer II

Good Preparations

The (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is a terrific entry-level information security certification, and it is the ideal precursor for the much sought after Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).

Recommended SSCP Online Practice Exams.

sophia_cart
Newcomer II

Same to denbesten.

You have a risk to consider. (ISC)² requires endorsement to complete within 9 months, of which they need at least 6 weeks. Since you will not have graduated with your degree until 7 months after sitting for the exam, you risk running out of time. If that happens, the official rule is that you must retake the exam and pay another $249.