Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denbesten
Community Champion

Re: Can someone explain to me what's going on with CCSP testing?

In answer to your question, I don't know, but if I had to hazard a guess, I suspect staffing shortages.  Many businesses in my area are running with reduced hours and reduced capacity -- which they directly attribute to an inability to hire staff.  

I get the frustration when the rug is pulled out from underneath at the 11th hour.  That can't be any fun.  

I do have a few thoughts for you.

1. 10 hours of prep after a work day only leaves 6 hours to tend to your own body.  This is not enough.  I  have often claimed that one of the most important "tricks" for passing an (ISC)² exam is in the day or two leading up to the exam to "tune up" the machine that is your body.  This means a good night's sleep, relaxing a bit and doing a things that make you happy (exercise, hobbies, comfort food, etc.).  "Cramming" really does not help that much -- these exams are about knowledge, experience, and critical analysis skills.
  2. PearsonVue is a company hired by (ISC)² and a few hundred other companies to run their testing.  It is likely their customer support that would be able to provide a more in-depth explanation as to why the PerasonVue Princeton office was unable to accommodate your exam.   
  3.  (ISC)² is very much a "banker's hours" company.  If it was Saturday (the day of your postings) that you called, they are simply off-shift -- which would very likely explain being directed to a voice attendant.  I have had the best luck calling them weekday mornings.  But, again, the email advised calling PearsonVue, so I would start there.  Here is their contact information
  4. When on the phone, keep your goal first and front-most. If your goal is to get a quick reschedule, I suggest leading with that.  If you just want to know "why", lead with that.  If you just want to blow off some steam, heading to the gym might be the better choice.
  5. No need to cross-post the same message on multiple boards.  That only leads to fragmented replies.  By CC of this message, I ask @AndreaMoore to combine the other message into this one.

12 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@khurtwilliams 

I am sorry for your frustration. Your post has been routed internally to the Member Services department, all posts moved and combined here in the Member Support board. Please contact member services at https://www.isc2.org/contact-us for further assistance with your situation. 

Please be advised that posting the same message in multiple places on Community violates our Community usage policies. Please review the policy prior to posting in the future. It can be found on the homepage and here: https://community.isc2.org/t5/Welcome/ISC-Community-Usage-Policy-Guidelines/m-p/38340 

ISC2 Community Manager
khurtwilliams
Newcomer II

Hi, I tried contacting the Pearson testing centre in Princeton, but no one answers the phone. The cancellation email I received from Pearson has a "DO NOT REPLY" address. I have called the Pearson main number at 877-863-0386, but I get the "Due to unusually high call volume, blah, blah, etc." message, and I am on hold so long that I run out of time before my next meeting.

Let me keep trying.

khurtwilliams
Newcomer II

Apologies for the cross-posting.