Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denbesten
Community Champion

Re: Can someone explain to me what's going on with CCSP testing?

In answer to your question, I don't know, but if I had to hazard a guess, I suspect staffing shortages.  Many businesses in my area are running with reduced hours and reduced capacity -- which they directly attribute to an inability to hire staff.  

I get the frustration when the rug is pulled out from underneath at the 11th hour.  That can't be any fun.  

I do have a few thoughts for you.

1. 10 hours of prep after a work day only leaves 6 hours to tend to your own body.  This is not enough.  I  have often claimed that one of the most important "tricks" for passing an (ISC)² exam is in the day or two leading up to the exam to "tune up" the machine that is your body.  This means a good night's sleep, relaxing a bit and doing a things that make you happy (exercise, hobbies, comfort food, etc.).  "Cramming" really does not help that much -- these exams are about knowledge, experience, and critical analysis skills.
  2. PearsonVue is a company hired by (ISC)² and a few hundred other companies to run their testing.  It is likely their customer support that would be able to provide a more in-depth explanation as to why the PerasonVue Princeton office was unable to accommodate your exam.   
  3.  (ISC)² is very much a "banker's hours" company.  If it was Saturday (the day of your postings) that you called, they are simply off-shift -- which would very likely explain being directed to a voice attendant.  I have had the best luck calling them weekday mornings.  But, again, the email advised calling PearsonVue, so I would start there.  Here is their contact information
  4. When on the phone, keep your goal first and front-most. If your goal is to get a quick reschedule, I suggest leading with that.  If you just want to know "why", lead with that.  If you just want to blow off some steam, heading to the gym might be the better choice.
  5. No need to cross-post the same message on multiple boards.  That only leads to fragmented replies.  By CC of this message, I ask @AndreaMoore to combine the other message into this one.

12 Replies
khurtwilliams
Newcomer II

I passed my CISSP nearly 17 years ago and I have maintained my cert since then. Now I want to get the CCSP so I can prove that the black guy (that's me) knows what he's talking about when it comes to the cloud.

Can someone explain to me what's going on with CCSP testing?

I registered for my CCSP test at Pearson several months ago (2021). Completed an online training course and spent the last three months prepping for the exam. This week alone, I have spent nearly 10 hours with test prep every night after work.

My exam was scheduled for today August 28th, 202021, at 2 PM at the Pearson testing facility in Princeton.

On Wednesday at 2 PM, I get one email saying, "This is a reminder of your upcoming exam appointment. Plan to arrive at your test center at least 30 minutes before your exam start time, blah, blah." I was excited and well prepared.

An hour later, I get this email.

"This e-mail contains important information about the exam you cancelled. Please ensure these details are correct. If any information is not correct, please contact Pearson VUE immediately."

Then another:

"We want to remind you that we cannot deliver your exam, which was scheduled for 28 Aug 2021 2:00 PM. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."

WFT! Then an hour later, I get a refund notice.

NO OTHER EXPLANATION WAS GIVEN, AND NO CONTACT INFORMATION WAS PROVIDED.

Why is the ISC2 continuing to offer training for a certification that doesn't readily available testing?

I called the ISC2 main number, but the system will not connect me to a human being.

I am so frustrated right now.

khurtwilliams
Newcomer II

I passed my CISSP nearly 17 years ago and I have maintained my cert since then. Now I want to get the CCSP so I can prove that the black guy (that's me) knows what he's talking about when it comes to the cloud.

Can someone explain to me what's going on with CCSP testing?

I registered for my CCSP test at Pearson several months ago (2021). Completed an online training course and spent the last three months prepping for the exam. This week alone, I have spent nearly 10 hours with test prep every night after work.

My exam was scheduled for today August 28th, 202021, at 2 PM at the Pearson testing facility in Princeton.

On Wednesday at 2 PM, I get one email saying, "This is a reminder of your upcoming exam appointment. Plan to arrive at your test center at least 30 minutes before your exam start time, blah, blah." I was excited and well prepared.

An hour later, I get this email.

"This e-mail contains important information about the exam you cancelled. Please ensure these details are correct. If any information is not correct, please contact Pearson VUE immediately."

Then another:

"We want to remind you that we cannot deliver your exam, which was scheduled for 28 Aug 2021 2:00 PM. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."

WFT! Then an hour later, I get a refund notice.

NO OTHER EXPLANATION WAS GIVEN, AND NO CONTACT INFORMATION WAS PROVIDED.

Why is the ISC2 continuing to offer training for a certification that doesn't readily available testing?

I called the ISC2 main number, but the system will not connect me to a human being.

I am so frustrated right now.

dcontesti
Community Champion

@AndreaMoore 

Andrea, would you be kind enough to forward this to the correct department internally?

Regards

d

tkupshjr
Newcomer I

Not to excuse Pearson Vie, but it is possible, that with the recent COVID
case uptick, that the facility is revising its days, and automatically
cancelled the days it will not be open.
gidyn
Contributor III

There have been a lot of last-minute cancellations in the past because of the changing Covid situation, but that's just a guess, they should have told you the reason.

If any information is not correct, please contact Pearson VUE immediately.

Did you do that?

ToniHahn
Contributor I

@khurtwilliams  Can you message me what testing center please?  The CCSP is being given - nothing wrong with CCSP exams.  This sounds like an issue with the testing center.  I can find out for you.  

Thanks 

ToniHahn
Contributor I

@khurtwilliams  please message me what testing center this was. Nothing wrong with CCSP - it is still being given. This sounds like a testing center issue.  I can find out for you.

Thanks

ToniHahn
Contributor I

and sorry for member services not being on call on the weekends.  We are a very small company (less than 150 people worldwide) and we do not work the weekends. 

If this happens again, I would call the testing center or Pearson VUE.  This definitely sounds like a testing center issue.  

kwieting1
Viewer

Ugh. That's horrible.
------------------------
Kevin C. Wieting
kevin.wieting@gmail.com