Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwalshsml
Newcomer II

Provisionally Passed CISSP Exam - 7 weeks ago today!

Well, today marks week #7.  i "Provisionally" passed the CISSP examination after working in the field for over 20 years, studying for the last 6 months, paying the $750 fee, sitting for the 5 hour exam, answering all questions while being monitored closely via camera.  I did all the correct things.  Still i wait.  After numerous calls weeks ago, i decided to wait, the 6-8 weeks as suggested.  My question to all who are in the same boat as me:  Has anyone hit the 8th. week yet, and got their email?  Or will there be another disclaimer posted about waiting longer.  Maybe it will be written to say 4-6 months.  Who knows at this point.  Again, i realize the importance of making sure the examination is legitimate to keep the certification in high regard, but this is poor business and communication. - ../cjw

11 Replies
ccboy981
Newcomer III

I've submitted my paper work 7 weeks ago too. Where did you see 6-8 weeks? Their site says 4-6 weeks tops. Since, there's a lack of communication, I'm not sure what's going on either. No e-mails saying they are backed up and no ETA. What do I tell my employer who requires this cert?🤔

cwalshsml
Newcomer II

Hello,

You can find the information here:  https://www.isc2.org/Exams/After-Your-Exam

It details in there "What to Expect" after you take the exam.

it states as follows: 

"Depending on the volume of test takers for a given test, there may be times when scores are delayed for approximately six to eight weeks to complete this critical process.

Your exam proctor will give you an unofficial exam result when you check out at the test center. (ISC)² will email you the official result.

In some instances, real-time results may not be available.

All test results are subject to the (ISC)² psychometric and forensic evaluation. This evaluation could take place after you get your official results. (The timing is based on the number of tests taken.) If the psychometric and forensic evaluation affects your score, (ISC)² will notify you."

As i am on my 7th. week to the actual day, i know the test cycle started a few days before i tested.  So im just wondering if anyone reached the 8 week mark and was actually contacted.

../cjw

ccboy981
Newcomer III

Thanks for that tidbit. Its a little unclear because I got the official e-mail from ISC2 saying I officially passed and can start the endorsement process which I did 7 weeks ago.

I could be wrong, but I would think the psychometric and forensic evaluation would occur first before letting a candidate go through the endorsement process.

cwalshsml
Newcomer II

One would think...

There are many posts on this forum for this discussion.

Just search "Provisionally Passed" and you will see the frustration and gravity of the situation that we are all facing together.  

We all got the message saying "congrats, you will receive an email within 2-5 business days".  Many of us complained and were then chastised that we should have read the "After the exam" section.

We are in the same boat together.

Hopefully the cruise ends well.

../cjw

ccboy981
Newcomer III

I e-mailed member support 3 weeks ago (that was week4, I'm approaching week 😎 and they also said it will take up to 6 weeks to go through the endorsement process.

Also, I just checked the e-mail I got from isc2 when I first passed:

The endorsement process may take up to four (4) to six (6) weeks to complete (unless your application is randomly selected for audit, in which case, it may take longer).

Pretty confusing. Did you hear anything back?

PSSIC
Newcomer II

ISC2 is a joke.  I am in the same boat as you. I provisionally passed CISSP 8 weeks ago still no email from ISC2.

PSSIC
Newcomer II

ISC2 can't even live by their own code of ethics. Always lies to exam takers after the exam 2-5 business days response. After I passed my CAP exam last year, It took me almost three months before ISC2 sent me an email.

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello all!

Thank you for your patience as (ISC)² finalizes its analysis of the online proctoring pilot test. We are sending an email to all online proctor candidates this morning to provide an update in the process. We apologize for the unforeseen delay in the release of official results. Beginning today, official results will start being released and candidates who have passed will receive instructions on starting the next step in the process.  

For additional questions, please contact Member Services at membersupport@isc2.org.

cwalshsml
Newcomer II

Kaity,

Thanks for your response.  Can you please clarify something for me?

You stated "Beginning today, official results will start being released and candidates who have passed will receive instructions on starting the next step in the process."

Does that mean, going forward, beginning today?  Or does that mean that candidates that participated in the "online proctor" testing back in February will start getting notified today?

Please clarify so i know what to expect?

I am hoping to see light in the tunnel soon 🙂

Thanks again,

../cjw