cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zoobin
Newcomer I

Process glitch on ISC2 Endorsement - CCSP not update even after 12 weeks

Hello Everyone,

Just want to share my experience with our other colleagues here. Some of us in our profession are supposed to provide proof of certification to our contractors or employers to fulfill our employment terms and conditions.

If you are already a certified CISSP and you just passed your CCSP, do not count on the timelines announced by ISC2 on the Endorsement process (4-6 weeks which in my case was supposed to be endorsed by ISC2 automatically because I am already a CISSP certified).  I was expecting to receive the certification before 2020 as I passed and submitted the endorsement request in October 2019.

My endorsement was electronically submitted on October 23th 2019, and was expecting maximum processing time of 4-6 weeks after. But in fact it turned out even after pass of 3 Months yet the endorsement is not processed and outstanding. Yes, it is  January 19th 2020, and yet I am waiting. was not subject of an Audit and have not received any email from ISC2 starting conversation on why it is taking so long. 

After passing of 4 weeks, I contacted ISC2 on both Phone and emails to follow up. Each time the justification was: there was a technical issue on endorsement submission system. In December  I was informed that the technical issue was resolved. After that, have contacted them to ask if the endorsement priority is preserved as my actual submission date was in October 2019, I received no reply. And here we are in January 19th 2020, after pass of 3 Months (12 weeks) there are no news, no reply. Each time an agent on the Phone told me that I will receive news by the end of the same week. (I did call them like about each  week after December 13 to follow up).

I hope ISC2 is looking in to such problem either by improving their process (technically & non-technically) or by changing the wording on their website. Such glitches and inconsistency  can negatively impact member's professions. Because 4-6 weeks is not true ! For now it has been 12 Weeks in my case and I am still counting the days.

Thank you.

8 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

This sounds like an absolutely horrendous experience!

@Kaity - Hi Kaity - Would you be able to help escalate this issue please? As it sounds like the correct Support channels have been followed but unfortunately to no avail.

@zoobin - Just a quick clarification, when you are an existing CISSP holder and pass the CSSP exam, you don't get automatically endorsed. It's just that the CISSP will be used to cover the entire CCSP experience requirement, and as I'm sure you saw the endorsement form is shortened to remove the experience fields and it's mandated that ISC2 acts as your endorser.

Hope this gets resolved soon!

ajessentials1
Newcomer I

I am in a similar situation as you. As a government contractor in the DMV area, my company paid for me to take the CISSP boot camp along with paying the CISSP exam fee in exchange for me updating my company resume within 60 days of passing the exam. I passed the exam in November and submitted the endorsement application that same month. I have not received a status on my endorsement package as of 23 Jan and will start reimbursing my company the $1700 they spent on this process starting next paycheck. 

I am not a happy camper. 

Hope your issue (and mine) is resolved soon and congrats on passing the exam. 

zoobin
Newcomer I

Thank you @AlecTrevelyan .It has been resolved. 

Just as an update: Endorsement has been processed and received the CCSP certification confirmation email.

Here are the timelines: 

- Week of October 20 2019: Passed the exam and submitted the endorsement online.

- Week of November 20 2019: Reached member support to Follow up.  I was told that the endorsement submission system had a problem although website was showing that endorsement is submitted.

- Week of December 13th 2019: Received an email by member support that the endorsement glitch was resolved.

- Week of January 20 2020: Certification received.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Thanks for the update, @zoobin - glad it's now resolved! Smiley Very Happy

afvbmpr
Newcomer I

@zoobin I have a similar issue. I posted my CCSP endorsement request on 12 Dec and waiting since then without any response. How much time it will take? At least inform us if the required action needs to be completed from my end. This is obviously not a good experience with (ISC)2. My CISSP credential is scheduled to expire this month, I am wondering how much time will (ISC)2 take even after completing all CPEs and Paid AMF in time.

zoobin
Newcomer I

If after your submission you have not yet received an email from ISC2 with this subject:

"Your endorsement documentation has been received", it is highly recommend to reach the member support via email + Phone and follow up your case with them.

However, if you already have received the email with subject "Your endorsement documentation has been received" + you are not subject of the random audit it should take around 4 - 6 full weeks (yet depends on the time of year and volume of ISC2 intakes, some times could take longer). 

Regards,

Zoobin

MichaelG
Newcomer III

Most, if not all bootcamps include the exam fee as part of the class fee. I would confirm if this is the case.

Regardless, it's WELL documented that ISC2 takes 4-6+ weeks to approve people so there's zero reason why you should be required to reimburse your company due to this.

ajessentials1
Newcomer I

The exam fee was covered in the boot camp package...not sure how that detail relates to the issue but here we are: My company paid for the boot camp which means they paid the certification fee. The ISC2 website says 6 weeks not 6+ weeks as your opinion led you to believe. 6 weeks is less than 60 days which is how much time my company gave me to produce a certificate. I am now past the ISC2 disclaimer of 6 weeks and encroaching my company deadline of 60 days (8 weeks).

I hope this bit of simple math has helped to clarify my previous statement of grievance.

Opinion is not fact.