cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HUY
Viewer II

Old CPEs for CISSP

Hi,

I just earned CISSP badge so i was wondering if the old conferences that we attended could be counted for CPEs. I had attended a security conference on last October. In this link below, It says, we could do that for 6 last months however i would like to make sure of that. Btw, i could not able to see my CPE status as i am getting some SSO error attached. Should i wait until my cycle starts as it does 1st of February? Or it is another tehnical issue?

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/CPE---Handbook-Digital-V2.ashx

Regards,

Utku

sso error.PNG

2 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@HUY Thank you for your inquiry. To confirm, we have resolved this issue. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

CraginS
Defender I

@HUY wrote:

Hi,

I just earned CISSP badge so i was wondering if the old conferences that we attended could be counted for CPEs. I had attended a security conference on last October. In this link below, It says, we could do that for 6 last months however i would like to make sure of that. Btw, i could not able to see my CPE status as i am getting some SSO error attached. Should i wait until ...

Utku

Utku,

Amanda answered about the sign-on problem, but not your question about old conferences.

The answer is no, you cannot claim CPE for anything you did prior to the date your certification was awarded.

That 6-month prior statement is for activities that you were in as a CISSP, not before. It just gives you some flex in claiming CPE credit.

Remember the concept of continuing education is efforts you have made AS A CISSP to stay current in your field.

Best regards,

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts