Announcements
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month! We want to thank all of our
volunteers for all the hard work they do! Join us in celebrating!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HUY
Viewer II

Old CPEs for CISSP

Hi,

I just earned CISSP badge so i was wondering if the old conferences that we attended could be counted for CPEs. I had attended a security conference on last October. In this link below, It says, we could do that for 6 last months however i would like to make sure of that. Btw, i could not able to see my CPE status as i am getting some SSO error attached. Should i wait until my cycle starts as it does 1st of February? Or it is another tehnical issue?

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/CPE---Handbook-Digital-V2.ashx

Regards,

Utku

sso error.PNG

2 Replies

Re: Old CPEs for CISSP

@HUY Thank you for your inquiry. To confirm, we have resolved this issue. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Advocate I

Re: Old CPEs for CISSP

@HUY wrote:

Hi,

I just earned CISSP badge so i was wondering if the old conferences that we attended could be counted for CPEs. I had attended a security conference on last October. In this link below, It says, we could do that for 6 last months however i would like to make sure of that. Btw, i could not able to see my CPE status as i am getting some SSO error attached. Should i wait until ...

Utku

Utku,

Amanda answered about the sign-on problem, but not your question about old conferences.

The answer is no, you cannot claim CPE for anything you did prior to the date your certification was awarded.

That 6-month prior statement is for activities that you were in as a CISSP, not before. It just gives you some flex in claiming CPE credit.

Remember the concept of continuing education is efforts you have made AS A CISSP to stay current in your field.

Best regards,

Dr. D. Cragin Shelton, CISSP
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
https://CraginS.blogspot.com/