cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cagatay
Viewer

Official Book fifth edition released

Dear all,

You have already announced new version for CISSP in April. In this reason, Have you considered that the exam book, will be changed ,  has currently fourth edition?

As soon as possible please , could you inform us?

Best regards.

Çağatay

27 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@LDH Thank you for your inquiry. We have reached out to our Education team and they have confirmed that the release date will be in Q4 2018. We apologize for the delay.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

r5tech
Viewer II

Amanda, do you have an update on the fifth edition release?

Thank You.

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

I wanted to provide an update around the 5th Edition of the CISSP CBK. Our teams have been working hard to ensure that we can deliver a comprehensive Common Book of Knowledge that meets our standards and will be a valuable resource to those who are studying for or just brushing up on their knowledge of the CISSP Exam. We have had some setbacks, as noted in this thread, with the date of publish getting pushed back and I do need to inform you that we will not be publishing by the end of 2018. Our goal for this release is to ensure that you have the best resource possible, and in order to make sure of that, it does require us to delay the release further. We have an expected release in late Q1 of 2019 at this time. I understand that this is a much anticipated resource and we truly apologize for the delay in getting it to you. As we have any new information we can keep you updated via this thread. We appreciate all of the patience and diligence that everyone in this thread and beyond have shown us in regards to this matter.

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
r5tech
Viewer II

Thank you for the update.  

Olusoji
Viewer

It is less than 60 days to the end of Q1 2019. Can we have an update on the feasibility of having the release?

Olusoji
Viewer

t is less than 30 days to the end of Q1 2019

amandavanceISC2

@Olusoji I apologize for the delay. Unfortunately, we still don't have an exact ETA, but it should definitely be out by end of Q2.

Best Regards,

Amanda 

kelly1369
Viewer

I've been following the conversation for some time and it would seem we have been waiting for the 5th edition of the CBK for nearly a year now.  In May of 2018 it was due to be released in Q3 of 2018.  In October it shifted to Q4 of 2018.  In November it shifted to Q1 of 2019.  Now in March it is shifting to Q2 of 2019.  Normally when something is ready to go you'll see the advance sale offers pop up and we haven't seen that yet either.  The objectives changed in April of 2018 and March of 2019 we are still waiting for the official interpretation of those objectives.  I don't mean to sound harsh but it is frustrating.

LDH
Newcomer I

I agree that this delay is unprofessional. ISC2 says that the changes are small, something like 2% but what does that mean for someone who barely failed the exam?

denbesten
Community Champion

@LDH wrote:

... what does that mean for someone who barely failed the exam?

If one gets 68%, the problem is not that the book is 2% outdated.