Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not too happy with CSSLP Exam

Thought I would chime in here - I passed the CSSLP the first time, but I agree that there are a number of questions dealing with topics that show up nowhere in the official review material. How do I know that? Because I wrote a book on how to pass the CSSLP (Essential CSSLP) and read the guide cover to cover multiple times when writing the darn thing. In spite of knowing the official content by heart, there were probably 10 questions that I had to take complete guesses at and probably missed. However, there were quite a few other questions that were not covered by the guide that I was able to reason out based on my experience in software development. PMs and the such would not be able to do that, so unless you have developed software in a multi-tiered environment and worked in the cloud, you will most definitely be at a disadvantage. Not to say you can't pass, but be forewarned. The biggest problem I had with the exam was that a lot of the questions had two correct answers, depending on how much you read into the question. I am a major over-thinker, so I had to slap myself several times to take the questions at face-value only and not start twirling possible scenarios around in my mind.Great advantage as an architect, but not so much when taking a test.

At the risk of self-promotion, in Essential CSSLP I did include a lot of tidbits not found in the review material based on my professional software experience, so that might help some people. That experience probably helped me pass the first time.

Newcomer I

You just nailed exactly what I saw.  Also dropping my kid off to go to bootcamp since they re-scheduled it and taking the test an hour later was probably not a good thing to do.  Thank you!

Newcomer I

@spacegodzilla, Exactly, questions with 2 possible correct answers are really bad. You have to dial your level of analysis to just the right depth for the exam and don't read too much in the questions. Of course, it's easier said than done.