cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
societytactic
Newcomer I

No CPEs from 2018 Security Congress

Hello,

I just recently attended the Security Congress (2018) in New Orleans and have not seen any of the over 40 CPEs that I am entitled to from my All Access Pass and PreConference classes.  Is there something that I'm supposed to do on the CPE portal?  The app for the conference says that they will be loaded automatically by 7 days after the conference but I have seen nothing.

Thank you so much.

20 Replies
triplett
Newcomer I

Has everyone's CPE's automatically posted yet for the Security Congress?  Mine have not, so I'm wondering if I should wait or just post them myself.

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @triplett

I've merged your post into a thread on this topic. @amandavanceISC2 mentioned earlier in this thread that the CPEs for Security Congress 2018 will be submitted within the next week.  

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

"A watched head never gets eaten by ants."

The imagery of the Far Side cartoon the partial quote is taken from hasn't aged super well, but the situation is worth a google/chuckle, especially in the context of the head waiting for the ants - there were I think a number of CPE submission operations to undertake so playing on quotations from Dune aside I wouldn't worry about this - it took ISC2 a good long time to revoke my first CISSP when I couldn't be bothered to submit CPEs(there is leeway).

amandavanceISC2

Hello all,

I wanted to confirm that CPEs for attending Security Congress 2018 were submitted last night. If for some reason the CPEs were not applied to your account, please email us at membersupport@isc2.org.

Best Regards, 

Amanda Vance

societytactic
Newcomer I

Thank you so much.  Sorry for freaking out over them.  I am just proud to have this cert and I want to like never lose it.

CraginS
Defender I

@societytactic wrote:

Thank you so much.  Sorry for freaking out over them.  I am just proud to have this cert and I want to like never lose it.

Ernesto,

Just spend one hour each week listening to online presentations, podcasts, or webinars that meet CBK Type A topics and you will never have to worry about accumulating your 120 CPEs in each three year cycle. Courses, cons, and conferences are just gravy to enjoy!.

Sources of fully appropriate webinars and podcasts include (ISC)2, CSIAC, SANS, Book TV (c=span.org), IEEE Computer Society, FireEye, Verizon, Cisco, and many others. 

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
RJohnB
Newcomer I

I did not attend the 2018 Security Congress. But I did listen to an eSymposium a couple weeks ago and have not seen the CPEs. I have been seeing the message below on the ISC2 website for a while. Does this interfere with the automatic posting of CPEs from eSymposiums? It is not an emergency for me, but it would be nice if this was resolved soon.

Member Alert:

We are currently working to resolve technical issues that may impact your ability to access/update your account or submit CPEs. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you require immediate assistance, please contact Member Services.

denbesten
Community Champion

Three different things are going on:

1. Autosubmission of brighttalk seminars is wonky.  This is nothing new.  I generally file them myself.
  2. Security Congress submissions took about 2 weeks, which is well within the official 6-week (page 19) window, but at the tail end of the 5-10 business days promised in the SC2018 literature.
  3. There was a two-week outage that prevented one from logging into the CPE site.  At some point, an announcement was placed on memberhome, but it has not yet been removed.

Since one has 90 days after the end of their 3-year cycle to report CPEs

(page 11), it really is hard for these annoyances to reach "emergency" status.

RJohnB
Newcomer I

Turns out I did not notice that this was one of those things that required a quiz! Hopefully, the CPEs will post now that I have taken that.

kwilson
Viewer II

I haven't gotten my CPEs from the 2017 Security Congress (in Austin), not for lack of trying. I've tried multiple on-line submissions, emails and phone calls - no response.